Re: apex legends lighting error

by OverprOOf_876

Original Post

Re: LightingService.exe Game Security Violation

★★★ Newbie

This is not the best impression running the game for the first time.  Manually disabling or deleting the service and/or host application is NOT a fix.  There's a very reproducible crash here, and a dozen more graceful ways to fix the problem than throwing an exception -> hard crash.  Unfortunate I took this as a sign that the toxicity levels in the game are extremely high, and I should stick to arena FPS as I much prefer a fast paced tennis match to a baseball game... but that's just me.  Too late for me, I'll probably never play the game, but at least I took the time to search for a fix... most will not. 

Message 31 of 36 (3,456 Views)

★★ Novice

thanks, uninstalling Aura worked...I haven't re-installed yet though.

Message 32 of 36 (3,420 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just built a new gaming rig and I really cant see myself having to do stop my lighting service (Aura Sync in my case) in order to play a free to play game. There definitely needs to be a fix for this. Not a good first impression at all.

Message 33 of 36 (3,238 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When the **** is this going to be fixed, EA?

Message 34 of 36 (2,860 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@A_Boy_for_Cheap wrote:

When the **** is this going to be fixed, EA?

Probably never. I have this exact same issue in The Division 2, and Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Easy AntiCheat is garbage.. If EA was smart, they'd stop using it, and switch to an anti-cheat solution that DOESN'T flag legitimate processes as "dangerous". As i said, though, they're probably never do that. I'm gonna guess that EAC was the cheapest solution on the market, and that's why they chose it.

Message 35 of 36 (1,508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've played this game for quite awhile on this machine, yes I "could" go shut off my lights or they could fix it considering how common this issue must be.  I think it is time to just quit playing games they refuse to let me play on my system as is.  A list of games NOT to get would be nice, I'm guessing anything by EA is on my list of games to not get for the time being.  It is too bad, I've been a fan of theirs since the 90s.

Message 36 of 36 (1,399 Views)