Re: Launch Error Access is Denied

by o0kniven0o

Original Post

Accepted Solution

LightingService.exe Game Security Violation

★★★ Novice

When I click Play, the game does the cloud sync thing, followed by the error message (title). Did a quick google search and it seems that this is related to Asus' Aura Sync software. Killed the RGB process and the game ran fine. For now I'll settle with killing the process before I play the game. Anyway, I just thought I'd let you guys know about this. 

Message 1 of 36 (86,988 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Had the same problem, but got in the game suddenly and then i got game security violation detected (#00000001)

And turned out ppl had this problem in fortnite, and it has something to do with programs controlling rgb lighting. So i deleted Aura wich is the program for the lighinting on my motherboard. and now it works fine. But they should fix this bug though

View in thread

Message 4 of 36 (87,650 Views)

All Replies

Launch Error Access is Denied

★★ Novice

Everytime I try launching the game it goes through the splash screen with easy anti cheat, loads to full blue bar and then gives me the Launch Error,  Access is Denied.

I have tried repairing the game files,  switched origin to run as admin and repaired easy anticheat as well as reinstalled it.  I have also disabled my antivirus and still get this error.

Message 2 of 36 (87,742 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Voltornus  can you try running a quick clean boot and then launch the game? This way we can determine if there is a program running in the background causing this to happen.

Here is how to perform a clean boot

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 36 (87,718 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Had the same problem, but got in the game suddenly and then i got game security violation detected (#00000001)

And turned out ppl had this problem in fortnite, and it has something to do with programs controlling rgb lighting. So i deleted Aura wich is the program for the lighinting on my motherboard. and now it works fine. But they should fix this bug though

Message 4 of 36 (87,651 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup mine was the lightingservice for aura.

Message 5 of 36 (87,641 Views)

Community Manager

@o0kniven0o 

You're legend. Thanks for the fix.

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 36 (87,585 Views)

Re: LightingService.exe Game Security Violation

★ Novice

I had to completely uninstall Asus Aura, Corsair iCue, and EVGA lighting software(cant remember the name) for the game to open. Kinda sucks my PC is completely dark now when playing. Hopefully its a small fix and they can add it as soon as possible.

Message 7 of 36 (86,843 Views)

Keeps Giving me error cant launch the game!

★★★ Newbie

everytime i launch the game it gives me error about something something lighting i think also,  if ever it loads up it will give me a black screen and will say nosignaldisplayport like for real?

Message 8 of 36 (86,603 Views)

★ Novice

Same here..  Having to end task on Lightingservices.exe -  So anyone with a Corsair, or Asus (can't remember whicch uses this) card/board/etc is getting flagged for cheating?   Time to fix Easy AntiCheat or rename it to something more appropriate...

Message 9 of 36 (86,674 Views)

★★ Novice

Glad you guys got this figured out. I actually came here to point out that this has been a bug with EAC for a long time now. It just doesn't like RGB controllers. Strangely enough, I was able to launch the game last night with no problem but today I attempted to play and got the security violation.

Message 10 of 36 (86,372 Views)