License check failed

by valsidalv21

Original Post

Re: License check failed. The game will be closed

★★★★★ Novice

It has now worked for me twice, on Saturday and Wednesday morning both around 10AM in Italy. This is the full game on EA PlayPro, so whatever you are trying around that time seems to be working. Last night and again this morning I get the "Licence check failed" message instead.

Message 71 of 140 (984 Views)

★ Guide

How is possible to release a game that won't work on origin but only on steam

Message 72 of 140 (927 Views)

Re: why are EA like this?

Community Manager
Hey @ChrisLickytung,

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with GRID Legends. It's indeed something that can happen if you have a very strict 3rd Party (most of the time) Firewall and/or Antivirus app installed on your PC. So in this case I would like to ask; what kind of security software do you have installed?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 73 of 140 (841 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This morning it worked again for me once, but after that I continue to get the "Licence check failed" message. It seems a bit random and definitely no changes at my end between it working and not working. 

Message 74 of 140 (1,055 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

it's baffling that this issue is still continuing so long after release, codemasters and EA don't care about half their consumers apparently. might as well buy the game on steam....

Message 75 of 140 (1,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Incredible still no fix

Istead on Steam work perfectly

Message 76 of 140 (976 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here!

Bought on Origin and tried everything to get it running!

Full game download

Uk

Win 11

Please.help.

Message 77 of 140 (936 Views)

Grid Legends Deluxe Edition on PC

★★★ Newbie

Recently purchased and downloaded Grid Legends on PC. When starting the game it will go through a couple of splash screens then will say "license check failed".

Message 78 of 140 (797 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

nearly 2 weeks into OFFICIAL launch and over 2 weeks since we were meant to play via EA Play Pro, gotta love the support for this game that both EA and Codemasters are showing, love it guys, keep showing us you're a useless company.

Message 79 of 140 (868 Views)

Re: why are EA like this?

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Leeuw I don't have ANY antivirus installed, as I don't need it, all I have is windows defender, have turned it off, tried EVERY trouble-shooting method available, this is the ONLY EA titled that is doing this, over 2 weeks since the release for EA Play Pro members and nearly 2 weeks since the OFFICIAL release and this issue has persisted and from what I have seen, EA and Codemasters have made little effort to even acknowledge that this is a major problem.

Message 80 of 140 (745 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help