Re: Level 20+ Login issue on a Free Account...

by TCAworf

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Level 20+ Login issue on a Free Account...

★★★ Novice

June 12, 2016:

Tried BOTH methods to do the validation mentioned in the FIRST screenshot that asks for my e-mail address. Here it is some 20+ minutes later still no e-mail. Tried this method 2 or 3 times and STILL no e-mail. So this method seems very broken at this time.

So I tried the one that goes to the EA Web Site and it send an e-mail nearly immediately which I then used the Verification Code to no avail.

Now when I try to login again with the level 20+ Character it still fracking asks me to verify.

Can you PLEASE fix this issue... Very disappointing not to be able to play on a VERIFIED account that I JUST VERIFIED in the last 2 days. Also seems very odd to have to FRACKING Verify the account EVERY DAY for my characters that are level 20 or above!

Tried to send the message in game but alas you ONLY let registered player send in game help messages.

Are you trying to discourage people that are evaluating the game from even thinking about becoming a Non-Free Play Account? If so, you did a DAMN good job of that!

Message 1 of 10 (2,446 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Forget it.

It's not worth it to me.

Cannot call them because of my Work Hours.

SWTOR deleted due to LACK of support and not being able to play any level 20+ characters without this * verification every single time.

Consider this thread closed!

Consider ALL future Electronic Arts games to be off my radar too.

Thanks for ignoring my messages EA!

>Frown

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (2,545 Views)

All Replies

@TCAworf

Swapping email address used on the account sometimes triggers the email correctly, if it works then swap back to the original email if needed.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 10 (2,439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for attempting to help.

One should NOT have to swap e-mail accounts to get this to work the way it shows in the screenshots. It is BROKEN and should be fixed... Certainly I am NOT the only one with this issue.

I just don't understand why I MUST verify my account when attempting to play my level 20+ characters on a FREE account EVERY damn time that I'd like to play them. It isn't like I am letting someone else play my account OR I am playing from a different location OR using a different computer to play SWTOR.

Still playing this on my same HOME Computer and the Character that I am attempting to play is ONLY 2 days old.

I develop software (and have done so for nearly 39 years) which tells me that this is NOT a difficult issue to FIX if EA will just focus on it! Shouldn't take a work day to fix it as I assume that it USED to work!

Very discouraged at the prospect of playing my character any time soon or even playing Star Wars - The Old Republic ever again.

>Frown.

Message 3 of 10 (2,437 Views)

Hero

@TCAworf

At this time the only thing that we can suggest to get around this is to add a security key to your account.  If you can login via swtor.com then go to the My Account >> Security Key section and then add a security key to your account.  Information on how to do this is found here

Not only will this bypass the one-time password for all characters it will just ask that you use the random key it gives you when you launch the application but it will also give you 100cc free each month.

The security key is a free app available for android / iPhone.  If you have a windows phone, any authentication app should work like the google authentication.  If you don't have a smart phone at all, you can download https://winauth.com/ which just runs, it doesn't install and use the Google Authentication option which uses the same encryption as the security key to do the same thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 4 of 10 (2,426 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't have an Apple Phone nor do I have an Android Phone.

I'll try the link but very frustrated with SWTOR's lack of trust of my SAME home PC after level 20!

Frown

Message 5 of 10 (2,405 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sadly that link won't work either since I don't have a SWTOR security key.

Thanks anyway!

Sigh!!!

Frown

Message 6 of 10 (2,404 Views)

Hero

To get the security key to work, yes for winauth too, you have to set it up in your account. 

If it is an option give them a Call that should get this sorted out.

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 7 of 10 (2,400 Views)

Security key has no relevance to level 20 account verification, if the verification email does not arrive and tried a different email address the only option is to phone support.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 8 of 10 (2,390 Views)

★★★ Novice

Forget it.

It's not worth it to me.

Cannot call them because of my Work Hours.

SWTOR deleted due to LACK of support and not being able to play any level 20+ characters without this * verification every single time.

Consider this thread closed!

Consider ALL future Electronic Arts games to be off my radar too.

Thanks for ignoring my messages EA!

>Frown

Message 9 of 10 (2,546 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@proxos666 Worked for me. Thanks!! 4 years stucked like this Standard smile
Message 10 of 10 (1,253 Views)