Original Post

Highlighted

Level 132 Highest Attainable Level

★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Impossible to level past 132. 133 is required for enough skill points to obtain every skill, but as of right now, any XP past 132 results in an "off the scale" type reading, where each XP adds to a negative value until the next level. So I gain 150 XP, then my XP required for next level goes to -150, and so on.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Increase level to 132 and attempt to level higher.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Nvidia GTX 970
Please enter memory size in GB. 16

DxDiag 

Message 1 of 11 (2,194 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Level 132 Highest Attainable Level

★★★★★ Apprentice

a patch should be done for scaling for insanity mode too. and allowing all 28 cro perk pod levels be used.

Message 2 of 11 (2,078 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Well, that's incredibly disappointing. The devs themselves referred to being able to max out all the skills with a single character -- they just said it would almost certainly require NG+ to do so. (And it does, unless you find it particularly rewarding to keep crashing kett/Remnant/outlaw camps for 100-1000 XP per in postgame.)

And to fall one level shy? That's probably just bad math on someone's part in calculating the necessary number of points to max out the skill trees, or perhaps a typo in the code that controls the max level. I'm fairly sure no one ever tested NG+, given all the bugs that are running rampant in it (what with fetch quests firing all over the place because special items never get removed from inventory, etc.), so it doesn't surprise me to find that no one ever pushed a character to see where the cap was in relation to the skill points. I believe some tester or other found a way to push the character to 133 just to max out the skills, but that must have been done by console or save game editing.

Message 3 of 11 (2,069 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is a really weird one after all they said about being able to max everything out.

Message 4 of 11 (2,050 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
Feel like i need to hold back playing single player over the bugs till its fixed sometimes. Sad but dont want a game killing bug on my saves
Message 5 of 11 (1,997 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Hello,

the reason you can only reach leve 132 is that you can get plus skill points

from Remnant Vaults on Havarl, Voeld and Eladeen that give +2 Skill Points each.

If you miss them, you are out of luck, since you can't get back into the vaults.

Look on your skill page you should have 19 skill point left,

1 skill not leveled (not even once) or there is one skill you can't fully "learn"

because the level 6 is missing which requires 6 skill point.

To level up a skill from zero you need 21 skill points.

Level 1 skill = 1 skill point

Level 2 skill = 2 skill point

Level 3 skill = 3 skill point

Level 4 skill = 4 skill point

Level 5 skill = 5 skill point

Level 6 skill = 6 skill point

Be careful I read somewhere if you Level past 123 some enemies become nearly invincible because their stats keep raising like HP while your own does not.

Although I do not know if its true or not but (the enemies past level 123), maybe someone can answer this....

Message 6 of 11 (1,970 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

It is true. You stop scaling but the mobs don't and they become unkillable.

Message 7 of 11 (1,958 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Excellent point, @ONLY1FR0ST. I'd totally forgotten about those remnant containers (despite being paranoid about getting them to make sure I could get the decryption trophy...).

Does that mean we can actually max out skill points before 132, if we do multiple playthroughs and make sure to grab all the containers every time, at +6 points/playthrough?

And which mobs are these, exactly? That could easily be game-breaking.

Message 8 of 11 (1,948 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

@virtus753 wrote:

Excellent point, @ONLY1FR0ST. I'd totally forgotten about those remnant containers (despite being paranoid about getting them to make sure I could get the decryption trophy...).

Does that mean we can actually max out skill points before 132, if we do multiple playthroughs and make sure to grab all the containers every time, at +6 points/playthrough?

And which mobs are these, exactly? That could easily be game-breaking.

To answer your question yes, you can max out every single skill to max (level 6) but in order to do so you have to be level 132 and as I mentioned before you have to get two skill points from one of the Vault on the mentioned planets. Altough I would not do that because I don't know if its a BUG or just a feature of the game but after level 80 you stop getting more stats eg.: HP, shield, etc., yet the enemy still getting the stat boost. Which means on level 90 or higher you barely scratch the enemy even on normal difficulty. Now imagine this on insanity, the enemy is so powerfull that none of your best and most powerfull abilities can harm the enemy.

You can read more about the max level enemy scaling here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/61fcqq/no_spoilers_mea_level_cap_and_enemy_scaling/

I don't know if its a bug or not I hope someone from BW will clarify it.

Message 9 of 11 (1,916 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
Indeed. Insanity needs to be fixed to make it fair for those who want to play max level. And add the missing cryo level perks too. Would appreciate waking em all up.
Message 10 of 11 (1,909 Views)
Twitter Stream