Legend purchase issue

by --ORB--_Hocus

Original Post

Legend purchase issue

★★★ Newbie

I've been playing Apex Legends from the beginning of season 5. In season 5 I purchased Apex coins to get the battle pass.

I played a lot in seasons 5 and 6 and I got enough Apex coins to buy the battle pass for season 7.

However, I think I mis-clicked when I purchased a legend recently and instead of spending red coins (which I had more than enough) I spent Apex coins.

I thought it's a simple problem that could be easily solved, but EA support was extremely slow and doesn't seem to be willing to help.

It took them over a week to respond "sorry, we can't help".

I reached out to their live chat, and the response was the same. "This request cannot be resolved unfortunately due to the fact that we cannot reverse an already made transaction"

Although I understand that I made a mistake I'm SO surprised with such an unfriendly behavior. I'm working in the software development industry and I totally understand that it's so easy to fix this problem. It's not like I sent them a pile of gold and they sent me Loba in return and I had to marry her forever :-)

I tried to discuss this with the support person, but at some point he simply left the chat.

It's so sad that I spent so many hours on quests, etc. to get this next battle pass, and because of such a small mistake (and EA's greed or inability to help) it's gone.

I'm looking for a solution, but I'm not sure who can help with this - EA seems to be useless, and I couldn't find the contacts of Respawn Entertainment. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 8 (365 Views)

Re: Legend purchase issue

★★★ Newbie
Looks like EA support agreed to help finally. Hope it works. I couldn't imagine that this could be such a huge problem.
Message 2 of 8 (358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

OK, after another chat session with EA support I got an update: "I am sorry it cannot be done".

I don't believe this. If there's a way to buy Apex coins for real money, there must also be a way to credit them to the account, that's for sure.

So the issue is still open.

Yes, I made a mistake, I admit it. But I had no doubts that it can be very easily resolved. Even when you spend real money you can get a refund, in-game currency should be even easier to refund. And I'm sure it is.

If there's REALLY no technical way to change in-game currency amounts for a particular account (in case of some trouble), I request this feature. It should definitely be available (and again, having 15+ years of experience in software development I'M SURE it is already there).

Refusing to revert this in-game transaction doesn't give EA any profit - they just got +1 unhappy customer, nothing more. I'm not going to buy Apex coins for the battle pass again. I'm a casual gamer, I made this purchase only because of the lockdown. So not helping me in this situation means that I'll just play less or stop playing at all.

Message 3 of 8 (353 Views)

Champion
@--ORB--_Hocus How many hours or days after the purchase did you contact the support for a refund?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 8 (332 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EzyHawk Same day, right after that happened.
Message 5 of 8 (327 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Got another "cool" update from EA. It appears that I submitted 2 support requests (it was not clear if the first one was received, so I submitted another one).

So I got their reply saying this:

> Thank you for contacting EA help. My name is **** and I would assist you with FIFA 21 issue today.
> After reviewing your case, I came to know that you are facing issues with your battles pass.

> I wish if I could undo the transaction for you, however all in game transactions are full and final and can't be reversed>

> ...

Never used FIFA 21, never installed it, didn't even know it existed :-) Also, "battles pass" in FIFA sounds kinda... intriguing!

Apparently it doesn't matter what you play - if you make a mistake EA doesn't care and won't ever help you. They earned the money already and your requests don't bother them. Awful attitude. And these annoying lies "if only we could help you, but we can't".

I deleted the game and Origin client. My friends were sad, but I can't keep on using the product of a greedy and unhelpful company. There are other great games and game producers out there.

Message 6 of 8 (295 Views)

Champion
@--ORB--_Hocus please read:
https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/
and you'll see that its states the following:
"Downloadable content (DLC) and in-game currencies are not refundable if purchased separately."

They do refunds but a few things you can't get a refund on unfortunately.
Sad too see you leave but i wish you the best of times!

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 8 (282 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks, but this has nothing to do with the issue.

I never asked for a refund for a DLC or an in-game currency I purchased.

The point was that I spent the in-game currency by mistake and I asked to revert or change an in-game transaction. I didn't ask for my real money back. I just asked for some assistance not to lose many hours of my progress...Apparently EA doesn't care. Or doesn't understand.

Message 8 of 8 (276 Views)