Re: Legacy defending pressure button triggers standing tackle in Career Player.

by EA_Andy

Original Post

Legacy defending pressure button triggers standing tackle in Career Player.

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: FIFA 19
Platform:PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? joshyang
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - player
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a match in Career Mode - Player, and press the teammate pressure button
What happens when the bug occurs? I realized that even when I have my defending option set to Legacy in player career mode (aka Be A Pro) when I want my teammates to press, my PRO player makes a standing tackle concurrently as well.
What should be happening instead? No standing tackle should occur (or maybe map it to double tapping with the "A" button on xbox controller).

I realized that even when I have my defending option set to Legacy in player career mode (aka Be A Pro) when I want my teammates to press, my PRO player makes a standing tackle as well.

Can we get it fixed by removing the standing tackle, and maybe map it to double tapping with the "A" button on xbox controller?

Message 1 of 5 (1,406 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Rapidfire1790 

The A.I defender press and standing tackle should be on different buttons.

You can change these buttons around. For example I play so that standing tackle is on B and the press is on A.

Have you played around with the controller settings?

- Andy -

Message 2 of 5 (1,350 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Andy wrote:

Hi @Rapidfire1790 

The A.I defender press and standing tackle should be on different buttons.

You can change these buttons around. For example I play so that standing tackle is on B and the press is on A.

Have you played around with the controller settings?

- Andy -

Hi Andy,

I think you're referring to Tactical Defending. that's not the case for Legacy Defending. Playing with Legacy Defending, the teammate pressure button as a single controlled player is bugged as my teammate presses, as I make a standing tackle at the same time too (2 actions triggered from the same button). If I'm not mistaken, the manual standing tackle is not an option for legacy defending? The correct way should have the teammate pressure button just trigger my teammates to press, while a standing tackle should be triggered by double tapping A (if you guys are looking to implement standing tackle in Legacy Defending).

Message 3 of 5 (1,346 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Rapidfire1790  - My mistake.

There should be an option for press and 2nd press but you're right in that there's no normal tackle option like on tactical.

We can feed this back, and there's the option to play tactical as well which might help.

- Andy -

Message 4 of 5 (1,343 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No worries, Andy! Hope to have this issue and the invincible referee during handshaking issue fixed before Fifa20 arrives. Thanks Andy!

Invincible ref handshakes:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Invincible-referee-handshake/m-p/7896796#M9806

Message 5 of 5 (1,330 Views)