Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Launching Anthem crashes whole computer

by ferderps

Original Post

Re: Launching Anthem crashes whole computer

★★★★ Novice

i have the same issues with vsync enabled, i noticed i have the computer reboot when a lot of effects are on screen, like fire ice combos etc

my pc specs are very similar to the guy who created this post, and i run the game at medium. Any advice?

Message 11 of 16 (352 Views)

★★★★ Novice
During a free game I flew into a new location charging screen jumped on 1s and bum computer died, attempt to run No. 1 nothing, No. 2 "dry (without gpu and 1 bone frame) nothing, good disassemble, folded paste replaced and ... nothing, I put in the old power supply and it worked then again changed to the current and works. Before the batch of "day 1" everything was fine only the last thing started yesterday it fired me a computer 2x and today once and effectively.
Message 12 of 16 (295 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I suspect it may be related to Anthem in combination with a GIGA Byte 20x0 graphics card. I am having the same problem with my Gigabyte 2080 TI when playing anthem, but also sometimes with other games. 

The game makes my computer reboot without any message,

At first I suspected it may be related to my card overheating. however I played with temperature indicators all the time lately and never get above temperature above 65 degrees celcius. Nor do I notice any increased fan speeds. In other words it looks like my 2080 TI kind of laughs at the requirements. It should not have any problems running Anthem at ultra settings. 

In any case I think this is a combination of a GIGABYTE driver problem AND an anthem problem.

Message 13 of 16 (216 Views)

★★ Guide

@edvaaart wrote:

I suspect it may be related to Anthem in combination with a GIGA Byte 20x0 graphics card. I am having the same problem with my Gigabyte 2080 TI when playing anthem, but also sometimes with other games. 

The game makes my computer reboot without any message,

At first I suspected it may be related to my card overheating. however I played with temperature indicators all the time lately and never get above temperature above 65 degrees celcius. Nor do I notice any increased fan speeds. In other words it looks like my 2080 TI kind of laughs at the requirements. It should not have any problems running Anthem at ultra settings. 

In any case I think this is a combination of a GIGABYTE driver problem AND an anthem problem.

I use 2080ti same as you . And a game very stable enough to make me alt - tab for text in forum and back to play again ,I use it at overclock setting both CPU and GPU . 

a proof is on screen is I show you . but At this time . Login server is down . and I not able to connect. 

and only one way to slove it is a Stable computer. you need it stable. no matter which setting do you use 

PS: this post is a month ago . Why you digging it up ? I wonder. that must be too many page in this forum . Why not just make new one .

If you wanna show you not alone at crash issue on PC a post is a month ago before 2x of 4gig  patch wont help you . No one complain about  its your fault. to make PC not stable. they just give and advice about its your pc problem . 

cheer 

Message 14 of 16 (211 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem.

And indeed the problem was the power supply. I have a corsair AX1200i so no problem with the power supply.

however my motherboard had a security because of the game eats your CPU it also demands more power from your power supply and when that hits the security 

treshold it shuts down your computer.

there is an option called Anti Surge protection in my BIOS. i googles some guides and was able to prevent my computer from shutting down.

game is poorly optimised still so its not a optimal situation

Message 15 of 16 (207 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Check if is HDR on/auto, if its on try switch it off. See it works. Then leave a feedback. Thanks.
Message 16 of 16 (205 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help