Re: Launcher won't launch

by ArlonMagistar

Original Post

Launcher won't launch

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I just recently reinstalled SWTOR and I am having issues getting the launcher to work. The launcher won't launch. It will sit idle on my screen for a second and show up in task manage before finally just disappearing but never actually launching.

This is what I have done:

Uninstalled and reinstalled

Deleted patch, patch.server, launcher.exe, and launcher.settings before running LauncherRepair Utility I have downloaded

Uninstalled and deleted bitraider

Clean boot

Checked LAN settings (nothing in dial up and VPN and only automatic detection checked)

Run in Admin mode

Checking windows update (it is up to date)

Added it as an exception to firewall/anti-virus and even it run it without them on

Also I have tried all the ideas I found on this post.

I have booted into Safe Mode + Networking and the launcher will launch there but it won't install or patch or whatnot. I just keep getting a thing telling me I need admin permission and such, which I am the only user on this comp so I dunno. 

I also included a DxDiag.

So if anyone has any ideas, that would be great. Thank you!

Message 1 of 13 (848 Views)

[ Edited ]

@WickedNixie

In the dxdiag the most recent crashes are with panda universal agent service , have you tried uninstalling panda in case it is related to the launcher not appearing ?

Edit - it also shows crashes with the radeoninstaller yet you have an nvidia card so if you have this installed it can be uninstalled as well.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 13 (844 Views)

★ Novice

I can try to do the Panda, yes. The Raedon one is weird since I just uninstalled but I'll definitely go back in and check.

Message 3 of 13 (831 Views)

★ Novice

Okay, I went in and uninstalled Panda completely, even cleaned it out of the reg. I restarted and now I have nothing running, not even Windows Defender as far as defenses go and I am still having the same issue. All of my Raedon should be uninstalled. I just switched from that graphics card to the NVIDA. Here is the thing: I can launch the launcher in Safe Mode + Networking and even begin downloading/patching the same on there but I can't do any of that on normal mode. I was downloading most of the game last night on Safe Mode but stopped to come see if it work in normal mode and nope, launcher still won't pop up.

I have included information from the Launcher Diag as well as another DxDiag.

Message 4 of 13 (822 Views)

@WickedNixie

Can you switch over to non streaming per this guide link 

Another thing given safe mode with networking works ok , have you tried normal boot under a different windows user account profile ?

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 5 of 13 (797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am also having issues with this; the launcher calls and appears in Task Manager under background tasks, but never executes the launcher to login. I ran the repair tool and the launcher did launch... once, in Streaming mode, and immediately got stuck. I switched back to the non-streaming client, and it went right back to the non-launching thing. The game ran normally the last time I played, about a week or so ago, and then jsut started doing this earlier this week. Is this a known issue with the legacy launcher, maybe around update time (*was* there an update this past week?) It's really frustrating because I had jsut paid my sub and now I can't even play Frown

Message 6 of 13 (718 Views)

@ArlonMagistar

i use the legacy launcher and have no issues , in the game folder is a log folder can your provide the latest launcher log to see how far it is getting ?

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 7 of 13 (700 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here's the latest launcher log, as well as the log from the last time the launcher successfully launched. I've been using the legacy launcher since the servers merged because BitRaider stopped working for me at about that time. Hopefully someone has an idea of how to fix this mess Frown

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 8 of 13 (685 Views)

@ArlonMagistar

Just to be sure when you said repair tool it was this repair utility at this link  and can you try right clicking on launcher.exe in the game folder itself and run as administrator , instead of using a shortcut.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 9 of 13 (665 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes it is that repair tool, and there was no difference when running from the folder itself, even using the run as administrator. I have it set to run as administrator already, but the rightclick option was still worth a shot Standard smile

Message 10 of 13 (648 Views)