Re: Launcher problems

by proxos666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Launcher problems

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone.

Questions from free player. I recently downloaded Swtor, di dnot change anything during installation. Installation and download went bit slow, but smooth. Game updated, then reached minimal download to play.

Ok, I started with creating character - an Imperial Sith warrior, screen name Vytautaz. Everything went good, i was able even to die at levlel 2 (otherwise felt almost invicible). Had to return to Sith Academy to talk with overseer.

I ran into some field where I was stuck. No moves forward, backward, nothing. Asked in chat. Some player told to type /stuck.

Game just hang, had to control-alt-delete close.

Logging - games hsows that something went wrong, i should try "this patch" - and no info about what patch.

Right now i am trying maybe 5th or 6th attempt. See login screen, enter name, password - everything works.

Then I see "Downloading", nothuing happens no matter how long do I keep this.

Closing and restarting client does not work. Tried to kill some Bitraider process after closing client. Killed some browser (FF) processes, then relaunched client - still same.

Help would be appreciated...May the dark side of the Force be with you...

Message 1 of 2 (386 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@Vytautaz01 

If it is downloading wait for it to finish , given the game is about 40GB in total , if you check the size of the swtor folder that will give you an idea of how much is left to go.

edit - just to check something can you delete the bitraider folder when the launcher isnt running, and then see if the download resumes ?

ensure launcher.exe is in your antivirus and firewall exception lists too.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (354 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Vytautaz01 

If it is downloading wait for it to finish , given the game is about 40GB in total , if you check the size of the swtor folder that will give you an idea of how much is left to go.

edit - just to check something can you delete the bitraider folder when the launcher isnt running, and then see if the download resumes ?

ensure launcher.exe is in your antivirus and firewall exception lists too.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 2 (355 Views)