Re: Launcher has been stuck at 99.54% and freezes up on both SSN and BR.

by DavidIsABoOsS

Original Post

Launcher has been stuck at 99.54% and freezes up on both SSN and BR.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Returning player here, figured I'd redownload and get back into swtor with the release of onslaught but I've encountered a problem that's been very annoying, specifically involving the installation process. The installation freezes up and never progresses no matter what and I have extremely good internet. I've tried almost every solution online, switching to both BR & SSN but nothing works, I've left it on all night, for days, even weeks and it's been no help. Please advise? (Also yes, before you ask, it is approved through firewall and anti virus.)

Edit: RIP subscription.

Message 1 of 30 (776 Views)

@DavidIsABOopssS 

SSN is easier to troubleshoot but the last few % is the swtor client files and issues usually are due to antivirus if non streaming is freezing

there are launcher logs in a main log folder and if using bitraider there is a swtor_swtor log file in the bitraider folder 

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 30 (765 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@proxos666 Hi, thanks! I figured as much but as I said in the post, I've tried pretty much everything from google, reddit, help forums and even here, nothing seemed to fix it. It just straight up freezes at random %'s or when I use SSN, it freezes in random %'s in installation and both download and never unfreezes, it just keeps freezing and freezing no matter what I do, it's been doing this for over a week and I have no buddies who have SWTOR or an alt. set of devices to copy it from.
Message 3 of 30 (761 Views)

@DavidIsABOopssS 

Maybe easier to uninstall the antivirus as a test or if your using SSN non streaming you can boot into safe mode with networking , the swtor launcher under non streaming will patch in safe mode

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 30 (758 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@proxos666 Already tried uninstalling AV, no change, I've also tried safe mode and that didn't work. Log file is all intact and nothing is out of the ordinary so idk what's causing the problem. I've been patient with it for about a week now of this and as I said tried everything I could find online. At this point, I'm just ready to give up on it.
Message 5 of 30 (747 Views)

@DavidIsABOopssS 

It is almost never seen that both patch methods have issues , if safe mode is failing with non streaming, i would offhand be looking at the internet connection is stable or is it flooding out to a stop with error correction for example 

maybe install www.pingplotter.com and have it tracing while patching to see if the graph changes when the download halts ?

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 30 (744 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@proxos666 I don't think it's my own connection since I have a really dang good one but I'll give it a shot, from time to time during the multiple restarts I've had, it'd freeze on 50%, main assets x, installing this at random % and so on, I'm honestly disappointed since I want to play onslaught but this clusterf**k had to happen and as I said, I'm about to give up on it.
Message 7 of 30 (740 Views)

@DavidIsABOopssS 

I have seen an av halt at 57% (see link) if that is about right % but it should stop at the same point each time though and safemode with networking should be unaffected

If it is stopping on installing rather then downloading then it is more a system issue then connection issue

Bitraider is actually less sensitive to bad memory for example, non streaming is very very sensitive though

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 8 of 30 (733 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@proxos666 Huh, you learn something new everyday, mine tends to stop absolutely anywhere it wants from 1%, 25%, 39%, 51%, 76% and so on, it'll just stop completely even in safe mode on both BR and SSN, SSN specifically stops on installation and download tends to stop around 78%.

Message 9 of 30 (724 Views)

@DavidIsABOopssS 

BR is not really doable under safe mode with networking as it needs the bitraider service running

how is free space on the drive ?

SSN randomly stopping at different points on installing under safe mode with networking, my initial thoughts is maybe a HDD issue ? especially if network is proven stable

Maybe run a chkdsk to see if that identifies anything but if it is a drive access issue it may still come back clean just randomly halt

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 10 of 30 (720 Views)