Re: Launch Error Failed to Start Game

by N16H7-W1N6

Original Post

Launch Error Failed to Start Game

★★★★ Apprentice

The game had been working fine for me, but after the recent update, whenever I try to start the game I get this message "Launch Error Failed to Start Game" and that's it. 

PC player on Windows 10 64 bit. My graphic drivers are up to date. I purchased it through the Epic store. I'm not sure if I should try a re-install. I don't want to lose all my progress..

Message 1 of 17 (2,972 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I tried to re-install. Same result. I wish the fail message gave me some kind of clue. I don't feel like there's anything I can do to fix this.

I didn't install in into the default directory if that offers anyone any extra information.

Message 2 of 17 (2,911 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue here, it was working fine until the last update I believe.

Fresh reinstall did nothing

Message 3 of 17 (2,907 Views)

★★ Novice

Same Problem here accept I have it Thru Origin,  I haven't been able to play in about a week now,  I just did a reinstall and same issue stands 

Message 4 of 17 (2,894 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

May as well add my name to the list, windows, drivers, etc, all up to date, turned off all overlays, killed anti virus, (basically everything) and no luck. 

Happened after last patch, and been down ever since. The only thing I can add in watchin the process through task manager is that the gam does appear to "launch" after the anti-cheat.   In other words I see it pop into the task list briefly, then then disappear when the error pops.  For what it's worth... 

Message 5 of 17 (2,886 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Perhaps we should all see if our situations have anything more in common.

I installed to a custom directory. I use an MSI GeForse 2060. I use Webroot for virus protection. 

My current suspicion is that something in the update is looking for a file and not finding it where it expects to. This would explain why most folks are not having an issue. But if any of you are using the default install directory, my theory might not hold up.

Message 6 of 17 (2,861 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Hello @Malcom_Black,

For my part :

Windows 10 (64)
Intel i7-8850H CPU 2,60GHz
NVIDIA Quadro P3200

Antivirus : Webroot

The game works very well until the appearance of the issue : 10/29/2020, 00:09 AM (GMT +1) ; can see it in the Control Panel -> Reliability History

Game install directory : D:\ (first time + another one) ; C:\ (the last time) ; nothing changes.

Most of times I have only the failure message, but sometimes (one or two/day) I have an 10011 error message from Easy Anti-Cheat.

And every people who wants to help me, focus on the 10011 error, but until now : nothing works...

Hope it could help...

Message 7 of 17 (2,849 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Saw the common use of webroot, so I tried turning it off and launching. No luck. It still failed. Oddly, it's failing twice now, as if I attempted to launch it two times.

Message 8 of 17 (2,827 Views)

★ Guide

I have exactly the same issue.

It's very frustrating Disappointed

Message 9 of 17 (2,823 Views)

★ Apprentice

One thing we all have in common... EA and the crap they rush out the door... AND this Easy Cheat I think is the problem.

Message 10 of 17 (2,794 Views)