Latest update breaks game through Wine Linux compatibility layer

by DerpyTheEagle

Original Post

Re: Latest update breaks game through Wine Linux compatibility layer

★★★★★ Apprentice
@berglh We totally should write to EA nearly every day to show them Linux is a PC platform and EAC should support by WINE immediately.
Message 111 of 118 (1,141 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just writing to share my support for Linux!  From all reports,  EAC is  the major blocker at current, making the game nigh unplayable.     Given that Apex Legends is one of the higher profile titles that uses Easy AntiCheat, it would be nice if Respawn could work with or request the EAC developers to properly support Linux, including play via Wine and Proton.

While I'd love to see Apex natively ported to Linux, I don't hold my breath given EA's unfortunate lack of interest.  However, if the games can at least be tested with Wine and Proton  that would make it the most Linux-friendly and least objectionable of the major Battle Royale type titles around,  attracting many players.    Reports from users  of WINE / Proton show that the game itself renders well and has good performance under Wine (+ Winetricks, DXVK etc, or Proton,  making it very playable save for the EAC issue.  Dedicating some resources to investigating  the problems and finding solutions would be much appreciated. 

Thank you.

Message 112 of 118 (1,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It's not that hard for you guys, please add support of EAC for Wine, Linux community is growing fast this days.

Message 113 of 118 (982 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please stop ruining games like this for linux EA, find a way to implement your anti-cheat software so that the game can still be run through wine for those of us who are sick and tired of Microsoft's BS OS, it's not like you don't have the resources or the ability to do it, so do it.

Message 114 of 118 (918 Views)

★★★ Novice

Please fix this. Every single one of your games work GREAT on Linux, except for when EAC is used. I play Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 and V multiplayer every single day, and have an Origin Access Premier subscription, and I only play on Linux. I would give a ton of money on cosmetics (which I usually never buy) if we could get the EAC problem on FIFA and Apex fixed.

Message 115 of 118 (808 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

EA please add support for Linux

Message 116 of 118 (728 Views)

★★★ Novice

with the last expansion, I was hoping that they would have fixed the problem but it seems not to be the case Frown

I played the game on the ps4 of a friend and after a lot of work to install it on my PC there appears the anti-cheat failure identification after a 1/2 minutes in practice mode. 

Please EA do something, I am not going to make a partition on my PC only to play a game 

Message 117 of 118 (623 Views)

★ Guide

Now it's released on Steam and doesn't work through SteamPlay because of this Easy Anti-Cheat. The game itself runs fine on Linux until the anticheat logs you off after a couple of minutes.

Message 118 of 118 (517 Views)