Re: Latency issues since the patch

by FateAstrayTTV

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for your detailed post.

It is frustrating that EA won't take the responsibility of this issue for once. Everyone is confirming that this issue came up only after the last update. Only valid conclusion is that the update messed something. They argue that not enough people are facing this issue.

If only a segment of your player base is facing a certain issue doesn't mean that the issue is not there at all. Also, @EA are you going to wait for atleast half of your player base to come here and make posts everyday about the same issue before you would even consider it? Well, bear in mind that if you're seeing 20 people here talking about the issue, it's very likely that thousands of them are already facing the same issue and half of them have already uninstalled and moved on. Atleast, care for those who are sticking around.

Message 11 of 18 (423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@69Chandler-Bingyeah I get the latency icon every game. 

I read it in this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Known-Issues-Post-Patch-1-2/m-p/7923599#M43047

It reads: "Server slow down / datacenter mismatching /general network performance."

So I guess they are aware and they will eventually fix it, but until then, they send you to your ISP for literally no reason whatsoever. Great stuff. 

Message 12 of 18 (415 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Is clear EA doesn't give a s*** about us. Sadly i had to say it and sorry for the word. Im just sick and tired that they see lots of people having the same issue and they dont care, all they do is say: "Try our troubleshooting options" and that the problem is from our ISP. Is clearly NOT from our ISP because a lot of us started having this connection issue after this last update and update before this one. EA stop avoiding the problem because it seems very petty and careless that half of the posts are based on connection problems and you keep saying the same thing like you or Respawn have nothing to do with it. Everything was fine before this update, i had no problems at all, no lag, no leaf errors, no kicks from the game until i updated the game. So the problem is not with my ISP or equipment. Face the problem already.

Message 13 of 18 (413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry You know what would really help? Letting us switch servers IN-GAME starting with season 2 instead of making us restart the game and wait for several minutes.

Message 14 of 18 (397 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

It's an Issue with Elite Queues. Try normal queues and you won't have the speedometer of Lag. It's OBVIOUSLY on their end. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is having latency issues ESPECIALLY if you queue in the elite queue.

Message 15 of 18 (360 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I have it on both @FateAstrayTTV, it doesnt matter. Even in training mode. It wasnt like this before update. They did something to mess this up big time.
Message 16 of 18 (358 Views)

★★ Novice

Well that's saddening. I switched back to only playing normal queue and don't have the latency alert. It's obviously still not running as smoothly as it was before the update, but it's better for quite a few of us.

Message 17 of 18 (356 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@FateAstrayTTV unfortunately I also have it in every queue. What makes it even worse, is that even if I switch to a different data center, the game server stays the same, and the lag is still present. 

Message 18 of 18 (308 Views)