Re: Latency Issues On PS4 EU

by Shady_Maverick

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Latency Issues On PS4 EU

★ Apprentice

I have had the latency warning in every server since the first of January this year. It went from working perfectly no problems to that. Now after the most recent update the latency warning all appears solidly in german servers but in the UK ones, my country, its sporadically appears. Plus i'm getting the server symbol as well popping up. I changed nothing it just went from no symbols to symbols. I'm playing in region, got a ping lower then 30 and a wired connection. Just baffled to what could have possibly happened. I'm on PS4 standard and UK based. 

Message 1 of 7 (615 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@Shady_Maverick

This next Update should hopefully resolve some of these latency issues.

If you're not having any luck, hang in there, and see what happens with the next Update.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (603 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Shady_Maverick

Sorry to hear about this.

This is a known issue, more information here: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/179192/battlefield-v-quality-of-life-tracker/p1?new=...

In the meantime, have you tried these steps to see if anything improves?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-playstation/

Let us know.

Thanks Standard smile 

★ Apprentice

Ah ok. Yeah i've tried those steps, but it didn't change anything. Currently trying again with them. Thanks. 

Message 3 of 7 (605 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Shady_Maverick

This next Update should hopefully resolve some of these latency issues.

If you're not having any luck, hang in there, and see what happens with the next Update.

★ Apprentice

Will do thank you. 

Message 5 of 7 (601 Views)

★ Novice

Not in EU but thought I'd come in. I live in Central Canada and I'm getting similar issues.

I run a wired 100mbps down/ 10 Mbps up connection to my PS4. Yet I still get latency Variation icons roughly 2/3 servers. The server performance icon also appears quite frequently.

I've ran a tracert to Amazon's EC2 servers in Oregon, Ohio, Montreal and Virginia and get 49, 30, 39, 60 respectively yet I'm still experiencing poor performance to battlefield servers. I never see full bar latency servers in the browser anymore. The best I see is 4 out of 5 but still have the network icons described. Hopefully you guys are doing something to address this because it's getting bad.

Message 6 of 7 (539 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’m still suffering with this issue and it’s getting to the end of my tether TBH. I have no issues with my internet for everything else but playing any BF game. BF1 and BFV especially. Ping higher then what it’s been previously without anything changing. And now the only saving grace the UK servers have been removed, my only way to avoid this issue, is gone.

Tried everything in my limited knowledge to fix it but nothing. Beginning to think it’s something my end but have no idea. Its removing any real fun from this game for me. No idea why I’m bothering to mention this, there’s no magic fix other than deleting all BF games and never playing them again. 

Incidentally could an old PS4 cause some of these issues? From 2015 to be precise.

Message 7 of 7 (501 Views)