Laptop gtx1060---- <15fps gameplay

by hsakbo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Laptop gtx1060---- <15fps gameplay

★★★★ Novice

Hi, so I have been having major fps problem with my apex legends. I didn't play the BR mode yet, but in training and menu my frames are below 15 fps. My model is acer predator helios 300, gtx1060 6gb and i7 7th gen. It is not in my ssd which is my system drive.

Message 1 of 3 (703 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Laptop gtx1060---- <15fps gameplay

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I had the same problem (i´ve got a Dell g7 with 1060 Max-Q) it seems that the game uses your integrated graphics by default (my case), maybe thats is what is happening to you, to resolve this you need to go to the nvidia control panel, go to 3D configuration and configure a program, in the pull down menu search for Apex and set it to Max performance (so it will use your nvidia gpu) and save the changes, then the game should work "normally" (at least 60 fps depending on your graphic configuration)

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (682 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I had the same problem (i´ve got a Dell g7 with 1060 Max-Q) it seems that the game uses your integrated graphics by default (my case), maybe thats is what is happening to you, to resolve this you need to go to the nvidia control panel, go to 3D configuration and configure a program, in the pull down menu search for Apex and set it to Max performance (so it will use your nvidia gpu) and save the changes, then the game should work "normally" (at least 60 fps depending on your graphic configuration)

Message 2 of 3 (683 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! Can't believe I didn't notice this.

Message 3 of 3 (662 Views)