Re: Language-Based Error Code

by Shadowswarm18

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Language-Based Error Code

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi all! I recently changed my Apex Legends language to Japanese (my japanese exams are coming soon, figured it was a creative way to practice during my downtime). However, with the new update, I wanted to change it back to English so I can enjoy the new dialogue of Valkyrie and Ash in their entirety. However, when I change it to English, I get this error whenever I try to open the game:

ENGINE ERROR

CSOM_MilesAsync_OpenOrFindFile("audio\ship\general_japanese.mstr") failed to open file; try resyncing

In order to play I have to change it back to Japanese. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Message 1 of 10 (797 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
@Shadowswarm18 If you set back to Japanese, and try to launch can you see if it will let you and/or if the file is generated?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (664 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

UPDATE:

I ran Steam's "Verify Game Integrity" tool, and it said it found a damaged file. However, the fix its trying to do is 20 DAMN GIGABYTES. So, I'm going to let that finish and I'll update this post after if it's been fixed or not.

Message 2 of 10 (774 Views)

Community Manager
@Shadowswarm18 This may be an issue when getting the Legacy update today, let us know what happens after the Game verify is done.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 10 (772 Views)

★★★ Novice

The Game Verify tool just finished. After 20 gigabytes, it did absolutely nothing: still the same error >:/

I noticed you said that this issue would happen when getting the Legacy update. However, this has been an issue for a week: I tried changing back to English like 5-6 days ago. Thought I should include that.

Message 4 of 10 (756 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just a reminder that I have still yet to fix the issue, any assistance would be appreciated Standard smile

Message 5 of 10 (735 Views)

Community Manager
@Shadowswarm18 Can you try removing the file in the error and verifying one more time, then seeing if the message happens.

The file location will be where you installed Apex, then in the Apex Folder > Audio > file.

Illium.png

Message 6 of 10 (708 Views)

★★★ Novice

The file you are telling me to remove does not exist. I went and checked both possible locations, and only the english files are there, not the japanese ones, when I set it to english.

Message 7 of 10 (686 Views)

Community Manager
@Shadowswarm18 If you set back to Japanese, and try to launch can you see if it will let you and/or if the file is generated?

Illium.png

Message 8 of 10 (665 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok so I stopped playing the game when I encountered this error and am now trying to get back into it and it's still stuck in Japanese, I wish I was kidding. I'm going to try to fix this issue. If the same guy who helped me with this almost a year ago is still on the support team, or if someone else can read up on this thread, please let me know.

Message 9 of 10 (571 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update: after doing a trick I found on youtube I managed to make the text english but keep the audio japanese. I'm just going to stick with this for now until I can fix it properly at a later point.

Message 10 of 10 (565 Views)