Re: Laggy gameplay on offline modes (PS5)

by olavi4

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The game seems to run slower when the jerseys are full of ads - for example in DEL league. The bigger European ice may also have some effect, not sure about that.

EDIT: I think the smoothest gameplay experience happens on AHL, ECHL and CHL - the arenas are smaller, they have less crowds and effects than NHL arenas.

Message 21 of 44 (1,244 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It seems there’s no updates regarding this flickering problem after installed the latest patch so hopefully it will be fixed with the next patch.

I also got it work by setting the game play speed at 4 (offline Play Now), but for example when playing HUT Squad Battles, you cannot set the game play speed by yourself and the flickering affects once again.

Message 22 of 44 (1,176 Views)

★★★ Guide

Here's a video, courtesy of another user, that shows exactly what you see on PS5 even in free skate on game speed 3.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lRjdGGDv6SQ

Message 23 of 44 (1,155 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Blueberry 

Has your team figured out the problem, can we expect a patch at some point which would solve the flickering issues?

Message 24 of 44 (1,070 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hopefully this is fixed in the upcoming patch.

Message 25 of 44 (1,016 Views)

★★★ Guide

NOT fixed in the patch. Repeat NOT fixed in the patch.

This is disgraceful after nearly a month.

Seriously, how the hell has this not been addressed?

The game is atrocious on PS5. Time to escalate.

Message 26 of 44 (996 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Rigu7 Yeah I just found this out myself. It's unfortunate, hopefully they can fix it asap. I'd hate it if they didn't fix it at all
Message 27 of 44 (973 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

It's even worse now. I can notice the jittery skating at game speed 4.

If you skate across the ice, just coasting, along the blue line for example, go into action replay then put the highlight under the player and use slow motion you can see the player regularly twitch back slightly as if he's hitting bumps on the surface rather than gradually decelerating.

There's just a whole kind of pulsing effect to the players on PS5 that is horrible and especially noticeable at all speeds in dynamic low camera.

Message 28 of 44 (952 Views)

★ Guide
it also seems to me that it doesn't go 60fps
Message 29 of 44 (880 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
Message 30 of 44 (820 Views)