Lagging when playing with friends

by OliviaDunne

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lagging when playing with friends

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My ping (ms) is at 300 to 500 and once even to 1000 when I'm playing with friends as a pre-made squad but when I play alone with randoms I am not lagging at all, it's really frustrating I tried many things any ideas? Thanks in advance.
I'm playing on PC and using steam.

Message 1 of 12 (6,090 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lagging when playing with friends

Community Manager

@OliviaDunne Which type of network are you connected to? Have you gone through the steps on our advanced connection page?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 6 of 12 (5,970 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@OliviaDunne Is it all friends you play with or does it seem to only happen with certain ones?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 12 (6,043 Views)

★★ Novice

With all friends

Message 3 of 12 (6,015 Views)

Community Manager
@OliviaDunne There was an update today can you see if this is still happening?

Illium.png

Message 4 of 12 (5,999 Views)

★★ Novice

It's still happening once every few games, but not as frequently.

Message 5 of 12 (5,987 Views)

Community Manager

@OliviaDunne Which type of network are you connected to? Have you gone through the steps on our advanced connection page?

Illium.png

Message 6 of 12 (5,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Wireless wifi, wifi is in the same room as the pc.

Yes I have tried it.

Message 7 of 12 (5,966 Views)

Community Manager

@OliviaDunne Can you share a UOtrace with me? 

Illium.png

Message 8 of 12 (5,959 Views)

★ Novice

I believe this is happening because Apex legends prioritizes skill match making over optimal connection… especially when your friends join. There is no solution besides setting up ping parameters using a connection filter. If the ping is to high it will just kick you back to the lobby and wont even let you connect so you can wait for your closest server to let you join. Using net duma os this is extremely effective. Also get off wifi. Ethernet hardwired to modem is the only stable set up. 

Message 9 of 12 (5,255 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, had you solve the problem? i have the same problem and its really annoying xd

Message 10 of 12 (4,194 Views)