Lagging all of a sudden, worked perfectly fine before

by Cynicalic

Original Post

Lagging all of a sudden, worked perfectly fine before

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So two days ago my Apex legends was working perfectly. I've been playing for about 500 hours without any troubles at all. The game WAS smooth and I had a very enjoyable time. But yesterday I had a windows update and after that update my drivers for AMD GPU were removed for some reason so I had to reinstall a fresh version of the newest drivers too.

My first issue was lagging when moving the mouse, I tried setting Mouse polling to 500 but that didn't help as some had said so I looked around more but nothing. I then sat it to 125hz and now the mouse stuttering is gone thank god. But one issue still remains, my game is FPS lagging.

I usually have around 70-90 FPS when in the dropship but it has never lagged even though I'm on a 144hz, always been smooth as a babies butt. Now it's insanely laggy and when I drop to the ground it's also laggy as hell, playable? Yeah maybe, fun? No. It seems like my avg FPS has dropped down. I have not changed any settings, I have the best FPS settings in game possible.

I don't know if it has anything to do with Origin because Origin itself is kind of laggy all of a sudden and lags up my computer and I've tried reinstalling it but it didn't help.

------------------------------------------------------

Gamemode and DVR is disabled

These are my Autoexec commands

r_shadows 0

r_fullscreen 1

mat_screen_blur_enabled 0

r_particle_timescale 3

mat_compressedtextures

1 cl_ragdoll_collide 0

hud_settings_minimapRotate 1

m_rawinput 1

These are my launch commands

+cl_maxfps 300 -freq 144 -fullscreen -forcenovsync +exec autoexec +cl_showfps 4 -novid

This is my Spec

Intel Core i7-7700K

MSI RX 480 GAMING X

Z270 TOMAHAWK (MS-7A68)

16GB DDR4 SDRAM Dual-Channel

Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64)

------------------------------------------------------

And as said it has all worked fine until two days ago I've tried so much but to no avail. Yesterday I had a few games that worked perfectly fine, 7/10 were lagging but after a few restarts on apex it worked again. But today it's totally unplayable. I've been sitting here for 5 hours straight trying to find a solution.

Message 1 of 9 (6,985 Views)

Re: Lagging all of a sudden, worked perfectly fine before

Community Manager

@Cynicalic 

Just so we avoid any confusion, are you experiencing connectivity lag or frame rate drops where it's stuttering/slow performance?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 9 (6,980 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry

The game has improved a little now. It's playable but it's not as smooth as it used to be. As said feels like I'm playing on 60hz sometimes and sometimes it stutters for a second or two. The FPS average has definitely gone down because I'm only at 70-100fps now whilst before I was 150~ so something has happened.

I don't know if it's something with my CPU either because before I could have  all kinds of program on, watching a stream on twitch, and other applications but now if I open up something else while playing the lag is unbearable. I posted my DxDiag above if that can help.

Message 3 of 9 (6,957 Views)

Community Manager

@Cynicalic 

What's your monitor hz set to? Do you see improvement if you play in borderless window?

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 9 (6,942 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry

It's set to 144hz.

Yeah there actually might be some small improvement playing in windows borderless but then the colors are washed out because the gamma change only works in fullscreen.
Message 5 of 9 (6,918 Views)

★★ Novice
@Cynicalic I’m currently having the same issues please is there a fix
Message 6 of 9 (5,996 Views)

★★★ Novice
@VD_zuluboy199 Not that I can remember mate, it fixed itself with time I think.
Message 7 of 9 (5,961 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I now have been dealing with this same problem and only occurs during gameplay of apex no other application or game is effected. The game was buttery smooth for over 300 in game hours and now consistently choppy. 

Message 8 of 9 (5,051 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same for me. started today.

Message 9 of 9 (4,856 Views)