Lag that's causing character to freeze for a second or two

by BrokenObjective

Original Post

Lag that's causing character to freeze for a second or two

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have been experiencing very bad lag since after the latest update. It causes my character to freeze for a second or two every time. I'm in South Africa and with the lack of players in my region, I am forced to play on German servers. This has never been a problem in the past, its after this last update that I'm finding I'm getting lag spikes which freezes my character and I'm unable to move for a short time. This happens with every single game and it happens a lot while playing. My internet connection is fine, I play other online games with no lag. I'm guessing something changed after this last update? I have tried all the various troubleshooting steps but with no luck. I also spoke to my ISP and they tested my connection and said there was no problems on their side. Any other suggestions to fix this problem, as it is very difficult to play with these lag spikes, it results in a lot of avoidable deaths and is making the game rather frustrating to play. I have spoken to a few of my friends who also play and they are also experiencing this problem. Iv'e also noticed that other players are also sometimes lagging in game too. Would love to play a round again without any lag. I'm playing on pc.

Message 1 of 9 (1,883 Views)

Re: Lag that's causing character to freeze for a second or two

★ Apprentice
Also from South Africa, this always happens on Ireland and Germany servers after about an hour of play
Message 2 of 9 (1,842 Views)

★ Apprentice
I’m on ps4 btw
Message 3 of 9 (1,841 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Okay, so still having this problem. I have seen now that it does not happen when in any vehicle, be it a star fighter, speeder or armour..no lag. Its only when playing as a character do I get these lag freezes and its still happening a lot!! So surely its not my connection as I can play in a vehicle with no lag at all?
Message 4 of 9 (1,790 Views)

★★ Guide

Interesting. I see a lag playing starfighters but nothing with troopers or heroes. Just before I am shot/destroyed I am hit by a momentary lag then boom. So I always know when the end is coming. Maybe I'm missing something and this is part of the game play ?

Message 5 of 9 (1,781 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did anyone manage to find a fix for this?

Message 6 of 9 (1,721 Views)

★★★ Novice

I realize this topic is about 2 years old, but does anybody have a fix for this? I have made a similar post about this just the other day (before seeing this one)
Also from south africa, don't know if that could be an issue - but I never experienced this on other origin / dice games such as titanfall 1 & 2

here is my post, not that anybody has come back to me yet:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Controls-freeze-in-multiplayer/m-p/9979708#M31271

Message 7 of 9 (845 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issues, from SA too. My network is stable and only get the issues in-game.

Message 8 of 9 (764 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with SWBF2 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 9 of 9 (716 Views)