Lag spikes

by AlwaysJuke

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lag spikes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Everytime i open Apey Legends, i start the first game and when i am about to see the map it stucks, and then the whole game is a suffer due to lag spikes. I tried to figure out the problem, this means i reinstalled my driver, disabled all overlays ingame, but they didnt help.

[CM - updating thread title for better search results]

Message 1 of 17 (964 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lag spikes

★★★★ Novice

So the latest update fixed the issue. Seems like it wasnt on my end.

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (752 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @AlwaysJuke

Can we try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help with the lag spikes you've been seeing? 

A good place to start would be with the basic connection troubleshooting from the EA Help website. If you're still seeing the same issues after that check out the platform-specific steps as well: 

- PC

- Xbox

- PlayStation

Let me know if you're still having the same issues afterward. Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 2 of 17 (904 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your response, but unfortunately none of those helped me. Here are some details about my problems that can help:

1, it only occurs in the first game of my session, so everytime a restart the game it happens again

2, i have watched my fps and when a lag spike occurs its lower, and my ms and packet loss are usually high also, so this could be a connectivity issue

3, i have also realised that when it says who connects into the game it repeats, this indicates also that it could be a connectivity issue

after the first match everything is fine, no lag spikes, nothing. Its just annoying that i have to throw away a game and waste my time because of this. I have played since launch and i had some breaks, but when i came back now i have this issue that i cannot solve.

Also i did the UOTrace so i am gonna attach the results, but i havent seen anything suspicious.

Message 3 of 17 (889 Views)

Community Manager

@AlwaysJuke 

Thanks for following up!

Have you tried changing your DNS to see if that makes an difference at all? I've seen some cases where that can help with similar issues. 

You can update the DNS through the Windows TCP/IP Settings. Choosing the Manual option will let you enter a DNS of your choice. I've seen several reports recently that the public Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1) has been helping. 

If you're able to give that a shot please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 4 of 17 (824 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, it didnt help, anymore ideas? I am out of them.

Message 5 of 17 (810 Views)

Community Manager

@AlwaysJuke 

Thanks for giving that a shot as well. 

What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before launching Apex Legends? If there's anything else running that could be related to the lag spikes that may help narrow it down. 

For more details on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. If you're able to give that a shot please let me know how it goes. Thanks again. 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 17 (780 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have already tried that sadly.

Message 7 of 17 (757 Views)

Community Manager

@AlwaysJuke 

Gotcha, thanks!

Would you mind sending us a DxDiag when you've got the chance? You can find more details on how to pull one up at the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks again!

Kent.png
Message 8 of 17 (726 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here are the results, nothing unusual i think.

Message 9 of 17 (700 Views)

Community Manager

@AlwaysJuke 

Thanks! I appreciate that. 

Nothing really stands out in the DxDiag, like you said. Have you been keeping an eye on your CPU usage while Apex Legends is running? Are you seeing anything out of the ordinary there? 

Kent.png
Message 10 of 17 (686 Views)