Lag spikes every game??

by PapaProne

Original Post

Re: Lag spikes every game??

★★★★ Novice
Yeah I get 2-3 lag spikes in long games, that just freeze my game for about 10 seconds. The sound starts disappearing before that too. What's really weird about this that up until 5 hours after launch I had zero issues, the spikes only started happening after launch day.
Message 11 of 76 (5,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm running a network monitor and did a simultaneous ping /t 8.8.8.8 (googles dns) and don't even get ms drops during the lag spikes in Apex... tho Discord cuts out for the duration and the game stops for around 10 seconds so it is not even remotely playable ... just got killed by it when me and my friend were fighting the last squad in the match ... causing a lot of frustration.

Message 12 of 76 (5,409 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same here. Massive lag spikes of up to 30 seconds, at least once in every match.
Message 13 of 76 (5,401 Views)

★★★ Novice

This has been happening to me too as well. It has happened in literally every single game I've played. Yesterday it happened once per match, a solid 10-15 seconds of hard lag. Today I tried to play one game and got 8-15 second lag spikes 8 times in a 17 minute match, with the red icon in the upper-right corner.

I'm not sure if switching servers will help or what to do. I'm on a wired connection, great speeds otherwise, and no trouble in other games.

Message 14 of 76 (5,377 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Same problem here, really annoying.
Message 15 of 76 (5,367 Views)

★★ Apprentice

same here

Message 16 of 76 (5,328 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
well guys try playing with a vpn theres free ones out there .. like proton .. and see if that works it worked for me with star wars battlefrount 2 ..
Message 17 of 76 (5,316 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this problem, happening way more frequently today

Message 18 of 76 (5,304 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have no idea why but I tried using a free VPN and played my first game with zero lag spikes. Hope this helps the devs figure out what's going on -- some kind of routing issue? I play from northern Indiana.

Message 19 of 76 (5,288 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same issue here aswell

Message 20 of 76 (5,233 Views)