Re: Lag spikes every game??

by SheMoansCorey

Original Post

★ Novice

Same problem Ps4, only thing that works is deleting the application and reinstalling Apex. But perfect connection only last until Apex gets installed. I don’t want to have to keep deleting and reinstalling the game everyday just to play it. Any help? I get constant lag spikes every day around every 5 seconds constant. Makes it unplayable

Message 71 of 76 (1,951 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's 21 July 2019!  C'mon guys!  I've been upselling Anthem for the last month for all the good things you've done with the game and now your lag issues are back.  Game freezes up for about 3 to 4 seconds every 5 minutes or so.  Hasn;t been a problem for quite a while now.  I've stopped all services in the background, OC'd my graphics card, dropped resolution, switched to medium graphics and YOUR GAME IS STILL lagging.  I have no hardware problems and more than enough computer Kick * hardware and internet juice to play this game and you continue to screw things up for the people who want this game to work.  It would be nice to get at least a "MOAN" out of you.    

Message 72 of 76 (1,781 Views)

Community Manager

@DRTH-Gr8FriknApe 

I want to take a deeper look into this with you, sounds like you've really been trying to get this fixed for a while now with all the steps you mentioned. Would it be possible tun a UO Trace and attach the results here (or in a DM to me)? Do you have the ports opened for Apex Legends, too? The team is committed to improving the servers and in the meantime we'll continue to help troubleshoot this from our end here to see what we can do to make it more playable for you in game.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I know this stuff can really hit a button at a times when you just want to relax after a long day.

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 73 of 76 (1,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

just recently began experiencing this issue. i have been playing since the game released and about two weeks ago i started noticing 5-10 second heavy lag spikes every 1-2 minutes. i was enjoying the game quite a bit but its made it practically impossible to play anymore. 

Message 74 of 76 (1,687 Views)

★★ Novice

if you DON'T have a Killer network card but are still having this problem, try this! Directly from EA support https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
It worked for me

Message 75 of 76 (1,338 Views)

Re: Network issues related to Apex in game - 10/20 secs disconnection

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@GOATSlEI'm having the EXACT same issue!

EDIT:
I just found a solution! :D
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Lag-latency-caused-by-a-Discord-setting/td-p/7646483?atta...

This totally worked for me, my friend suggested that we try turning off discord for a game and guess what, 0 lag spikes and lagging out. Which also made me think, everyone who had addressed the issue had mentioned how their discord ping goes red when this happens. So this made me look up the issue that way and ran into this post Standard smile

Message 76 of 76 (1,077 Views)