Re: Lag on franchise's mode menus (OG Xbox one)

by Rambokalatus

Original Post

Lag on franchise's mode menus (OG Xbox one & PS4)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I know my console is rather old, but I wanted to point out that there are some serious lags in franchise's mode menus. The game plays incredibly well, but the lag can really annoying, especially on this mode where a lot of us spend so much time.

I think all of us would really appreciate if the lag could be tone down. Even, if there was a possibility to just tone down effects in the menus so that it wouldn't lag, nobody would mind. Especially for older console owners. 

In comparison NHL 21 was laggy, but not as much.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 17 (2,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey, @A55p2 

Appreciate the honest feedback and we'll share thoughts we're seeing here on the forums from community.

Question for you though. I had an OG Xbox One until I got rid of it not too long ago. When I played NHL 21 on it then moved to the Xbox One Series X I noticed a big difference in menu speed navigation. There will obviously be some noticable difference in speed due to hardware advancements on the Gen 5 consoles, but I am not sure if there could be a significant improvement in menu speed due to the specs of the OG Xbox One. NHL 22 runs on Frostbite and these newer games are pushing the older consoles to the limit now.

It's possible the menu navigation could run faster if you were to clear up space on your hard drive and power cycle the console. Deleting all of your saved clips on your device will help speed up navigation around the Xbox too, it may help with the game.

Hope this helps, thanks for letting us know about your experience. 

How to power cycle your Xbox console:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

How to power cycle your PlayStation console

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4/5 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 5 minutes. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 17 (2,344 Views)

Laggy menus on PS4

★★ Novice

Hello

This franchise has for long had slow menus with input lag, but in NHL 22 it's starting to be unplayable. Delayed commands in Franchise mode and others lead into choosing the wrong options, slowing down the management side of the gameplay significantly. If there's anything you guys at EA can do to reduce how demanding the menus are, please consider taking action. 

Message 3 of 17 (2,307 Views)

Re: Laggy menus on PS4

Community Manager
@Rambokalatus Merged your post into an existing one.
Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 17 (2,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

These don't work. It's the game. This has been the case for a long time. Except now it's starting to be unacceptable levels of lag. Frostbite engine explanation does not cut it, because the game itself runs fine, it's just the menus that are "laggy". You cannot with a straight face say that you can't make menus run properly on PS4 and Xbox one.

I just really wish this could be forwarded to the Dev team, if they could somehow optimize the menu background for more FPS.

Message 5 of 17 (2,275 Views)

★ Guide
@Rambokalatus How are the bugs & issues in franchise mode in NHL 22 in comparison to NHL 21 after many of its issues went unresolved? I'm wondering because I have not bought the game after my experience with it last time.
Message 6 of 17 (2,196 Views)

Community Manager

@Rambokalatus 

We've relayed it over to the team.

@LordDecland 

Our Franchise forums are located here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Franchise-Mode/bd-p/nhl-22-franchise-mode-en

The answer you are looking for could be in there. If not, I'd create a post and ask the questions on your mind.

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 17 (2,188 Views)

Community Manager

@Rambokalatus  @A55p2 

Can you let us know where specifically you're seeing the lag in Franchise menus? What tiles are you navigating to? 

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 17 (2,176 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Personally I see it in the franchise main menu just going over the tiles, it always registers more movement than intended. Also while pausing in games there is a big delay where the screen just freezes until the menu shows up. Editing lines is also a pain to do. So pretty much everywhere

Message 9 of 17 (2,077 Views)

Community Manager

@CharlesN97 

Thanks. Just want to check, do you have game mode enabled on your TV?

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 17 (2,057 Views)