Re: Lag on Ps4 makes the game unplayable

by MikeOxFirm

Original Post

Lag on Ps4 makes the game unplayable

★★ Apprentice

The amount of times my character lags, ie rubber bands and snaps back and forth, slows down then studders and even having the game crash has increased not decreased since the last patch. It used to only happen in the beginning of a match, but now it's worse and happens through out the whole match. When i'm not engaged in a fight it's annoying, but when your in the middle of a gun fight and it happens then well i'm sure I don't need to explain how frustrating it is. With the increase in severity and duration of this problem it makes the game unplayable. I've tried all the solutions that have been posted on the forums and none of them did anything to fix it. I have to assume the problem is not on my end. Also people on my team have had the same problems to varying degrees.

Message 1 of 13 (1,902 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @MikeOxFirm it sounds like you may be having issues with your connection. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on and if you want to share your UO Trace then I'm happy to take a look at how your data is being routed.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 13 (1,856 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Like I said i've tried all the trouble shooting options to try and clear it up. Nothing works. I will share whatever you need to clear this up. I've only had these problems since the latest patch.  Before the latest patch it only happened in the beginning of a match, now it happens all through out the match and it worse than ever. When it gets really bad the game crashes. I always send a report to Sony when it crashes. I know i'm not the only one experiencing this because my teammates have it happening to them too.  

Message 3 of 13 (1,837 Views)

Community Manager

Can you share the UO Trace that you ran when you did the troubleshooting with us @MikeOxFirm?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 13 (1,822 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Here are the two results.

Message 5 of 13 (1,800 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My gf and I are having some major issues to with bad lag and server disconnections on the ps4. I check our internet everytime and we sit at a steady 82.3-85mbps download and 2.5-3.1 mbps upload. We also have turned off the incoming voice to text thing. It has been bad even before the last update but since the update this game really has become unplayable. I have loads of video footage for proof. This used to be an every 5th-7nth round issue but now its every round we play. I really hope this is fixed before season 2 hits with all its extra problems.

Message 6 of 13 (1,785 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I shared the info you asked for. Any feedback on this issue?

Message 7 of 13 (1,739 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just as I thought, they are real quick to respond and say the problem is on your end. But when you give them proof that it's not than........ silence. 

Message 8 of 13 (1,692 Views)

★★★ Novice

Youre not alone man im having exactly same problems on xbox and it is not my connection i play other games with no lag and then EVERY game on apex is laggy or disconnecting.. im going to short EA stock seeing as this is how they conduct "business"

Message 9 of 13 (1,639 Views)

After Update 1.10 and 1.11 Ps4

★★★★★ Newbie

After updating apex I have been experiencing extreme server lag and 9/10 it won't let me play a game, I'll go and get on a different game and it will run perfectly. 

Message 10 of 13 (1,638 Views)