Re: Lag in turret/vehicle reticle once activating Origin Overlay.

by VladimirDisputin

Original Post

Lag in turret/vehicle reticle once activating Origin Overlay.

★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug When I hit Shift+F1 for the Origin overlay, my turrets seem to have an issue pivoting - it's as though they have to move through molasses to move, and it's jittery. I've uploaded an 11second video depicted the lag in an AA-gun (unlisted 11sec video at the bottom), but I've experience this in the barrage cannon, the gunboat, the bomber, and a fixed MG. The second I hop out of the emplacement/vehicle, my movement is fine, and no FPS drop (not depicted in the video). I've now come to realise that alt-tabbing from the game, and back again will sort it, but this doesn't seem like a justified solution to the issue. First time reporting an issue, but given that I am convincing my mates to buy/play, it feels pertinent provided the impact that chat/overlay will provide in-game.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whilst in a turret/vehicle, you can hit Shift+F1 to activate the Origin overlay with/without an active chat window, then when you return to play, you will be effected by this.
What happens when the bug occurs? The reticle slows down, as though there is resistance, and screen tearing is present as it changes positions.
Please select your region Australia
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 980
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYJV1YcR7-A

Message 1 of 5 (765 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for reporting this bug. My partner and I are both having this exact same issue. I disable the Origin overlay in Origin Settings and there are no issues but is still annoying when you want to use the Origin chat as you now have to Alt-Tab. Hopefully an updated Origin client is released or BF1 patch to address this issue.

Message 2 of 5 (731 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I seem to have some issues with Origin overlay. Sometimes it crashes the game with a directx error (some user at some forum somewhere said it was related to overlays) and now this (I had no idea this related to origin). But it's good to know as it was rather frustrating! 

Message 3 of 5 (721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've been getting a DirectX error too when the game crashes which I hadn't realised until you mentioned it now may be related to the overlay. Since turning off the overlay I just played around 5 hours of BF1 over the day without a DirectX crash. I had the same DirectX crash error with BF4 with overlay enabled too. Not sure if any of this is related or it's a separate bug.

Message 4 of 5 (711 Views)

★★ Novice

Any word on a reasonable solution?

The game is quite restricted if you cannot accept invites or chat whilst in-game - sometimes I just use overlay to check the time.

Alt-tabbing still fixes this issue, one of a myriad of issues that I've encountered.

Message 5 of 5 (657 Views)