Re: Lag in Europe good ping and fps

by nader309

Original Post

★★★ Novice
@Zeelmaekers no frame lag i have 144 frame and i have RTX 2060 i7 4000ghz When it gets LAG I move normally But other players move lag lot LAG
Message 11 of 28 (654 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EzyHawk i have RTX 2060 144 frame running smoth 4.20ghz and 32 ram d4 SSD 250G free space
Message 12 of 28 (652 Views)

Champion
@nader309 can you please run a test here:
https://gameserverping.com/apex and post the result for me?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 13 of 28 (642 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EzyHawk Belgium 105 ms
Message 14 of 28 (640 Views)

Champion
@nader309 This could be the issue you have so knowing you have 105 ms, do you have any lower on any closer servers?
Because 100+ is pretty high and could result in a laggy gameplay.

Message 15 of 28 (637 Views)

Champion
@nader309 However have you done a troubleshoot on your network?

Message 16 of 28 (629 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EzyHawk Well, why wasted time to be serious? There is no server closer to Europe, so we must stay in the same condition or move to live in Europe XDD anyway. Thanks for the help the issue in far servers.
Message 17 of 28 (600 Views)

Champion
@nader309 If you need anymore help feel free to @ me at any time!

Message 18 of 28 (593 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EzyHawk It's not an issue "IIII" have, it's an issue a ton of people have, check the screen in my topic
Message 19 of 28 (517 Views)

★ Guide

For the last 48 hours I have suddenly started having the same problem as other people here. Frequent stutters for no apparent reason. Sometimes the game recognizes this and I get the "prediction error" warning in the top right, but often it doesn't although stutters are still happening (noticeable when running in straight line and suddenly character will shoot forward like a few frames are missing).

I'm in Europe connected to the Belgium data center by default... On this page (https://gameserverping.com/apex) it gives my base ping to that server as 30-40ms, however what is noticeable is the ping counted here keeps on spiking and will jump to 100 or more every 2-4 refreshes. Most of the EU data centers seem to suffer from these spikes.

I've restarted modem and run speed tests where I get around 50Mbs up and down speed and zero packet loss. I'm sure EA would like to blame my ISP but I can't help feeling this is a server side problem or netcode issue and not a client side one. This thread would seem to confirm that, no?

The severity of the problem seems to vary from game to game, sometimes more an annoyance that crippling, but sometimes rendering the game unplayable. 

I'm running a GTX1080ti with gsync and my FPS seems stable, not seeing any dips. All drivers up to date.

Is it worth trying to manually set the data center? It looks like Frankfurt is more stable and less prone to spikes than Belgium for the moment.

Message 20 of 28 (486 Views)