Lag connection to login servers

by SVR_VIrrem

Original Post

Highlighted

Lag connection to login servers

★ Novice

Hey Guys, so since yesterday i got huge trouble logging in from the main menu, the game says i should check if origin is online or checkout their help for unable-to-connect. Then the games after repeated mousclicking the game downloads some kind of player list. 

Following to that I am finally in the Lobby but my name iand level is not shown, instead the banner just says "player" for a minute or two. Then my name and level is loaded. But i cannot join friend's parties without waiting and spamming the join-Button several times. And if i finally am able to join an click ready they get connected to a game but i am stuck in the lobby.

I already tried different data centres but none got PL or high ping Frankfurt 1 and 2 are the nearest with a ping from 15-17 and 0%PL.

I also flushed my DNS, turned off my firewall and antivirus sofware, repaired the game, started origin and apex as admin, and reseted my router and ethernet adapter.

Origin is online and got no problems aswell as all other platforms like steam or battlenet. 

If you need to know more pls just ask as I am gonna hang around and wait for a fix

Message 1 of 5 (470 Views)

Re: Lag connection to login servers

Community Manager

Hi @SVR_VIrrem

When you've got a chance could you try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that helps at all? I'm wondering if there's something else running that could be preventing Apex Legends from connecting properly. A Clean Boot might help get around that. 

For more information on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Let me know if you're still having trouble after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 5 (396 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So I finally got back to my PC after the weekend. Before changing anything I tried just booting the game as always. First it showed the same thing again. But after a second start the game would now connect to the data center immidiatly, but still got a lag for about half a minute before my name was shown. Sadly i couldn't test the behaviour of the game towards me joining a friends lobby. But atleast he found a game in an instant and didn't show the beforehand noticed "party is not ready".

After all I still wanted to try a clean boot, because on friday I noticed my mainboard giving back the code 04 after starting the computer. So after the clean boot i got to an A0 code. But I guess the described problems couldn't be traced back to a bad RAM or SSD as both were installed by myself just a few weeks ago.

I hope the problem will stay solved as by now I can live with the little lag before my profile is loaded (which could maybe be a serverside problem caused by the higher traffic)

*Edit: code 04 on gigabyte mainboards is known to pop up as fast boot is enabled, after disabling the fast boot, with all other serives running the code didn't occur anymore.

Message 3 of 5 (341 Views)

Community Manager

@SVR_VIrrem 

Thanks for following up and letting me know! Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 5 (330 Views)

★ Novice

So new day kinda same problem again. Me and a friend had the same issue on logging in as mentioned before. But we both got connected to the servers after a minute maybe.

The real problem popped up as my friend invited me to his lobby. We jsut couldn't get into a match together as the "ready" bugged the hell out. I wasn't shown ready on my screen but on my mates PC, so for him the lobby started and found a match and I was still sitting in lobby reading "party not ready". 

So I would guess, because the problem seems to spread across germany, that it wasn't a fault on my end the whole time but instead the servers seem to have connection issues.

Message 5 of 5 (293 Views)