Re: Lag and "slow connection" warning despite low ping and fast intern

by Flatulent_Rancor

Original Post

Lag and "slow connection" warning despite low ping and fast internet

Hello there!

Something in the last couple of updates had caused the game to lag. The main problem is noticeable when I am near other players - they skip to new locations, aren't damaged by melee attacks that clearly hit them and can kill me will melee attacks from what appears to be a long way away. e.g. Bossk killed at the top of his jump by lightsabre player on the ground. It has made the game unplayable. There is no lag issue in arcade/campaign etc.

I also have a permanent "slow connection" warning on the top right of the screen.

I'm using a wired connection on a PC that is more than capable of handling the game. Ping to the Germany server (I'm in UK) is between 20 and 40ms and while playing bandwidth usage is stable during play and nowhere near the maximum possible with my broadband. All ports are open. I can stream 1080p videos at the same time as playing and it does not make the problem worse. I am not having connection problems with any other games or applications.

I have tried all of EA's troubleshooting suggestions but they have not helped. I suspect the problems have been caused by something in the last couple of updates.

Several people I have spoken to in game are experiencing the same thing.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 5 (1,011 Views)

Incidentally, Origin is also often failing to connect on start up and launches in "offline mode". I wonder whether the two are connected...

Message 2 of 5 (1,004 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Flatulent_Rancor Thanks for the breack down with all the information! Standard smile 

If you get "slow connection" means that you have 90 + ping in the game, what mode and time are you playing? 

Also what ISP do you have and are you running on Wifi or cabled? 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 5 (922 Views)

@EA_Aticthanks for the response!

The problem occurs in all multiplayer game modes.

I have an ethernet connection to the router (I'm the only person using it) and my ISP in Vodafone.

A couple of examples from this evening are attached. When selecting a server, the game seems to think my ping is low and this matches the latency value reported in Resources Monitor for starwarsbattlefrontii.exe TCP connection (see 1.1). This low reported latency continues when playing e.g. HvV (2.1) and GA (3.1) but I experience the lag in game and have the "slow connection" warning. Network usage during play is pretty stable as you can see. I know very little about how these things work however, so may be looking in the wrong place...

Message 4 of 5 (912 Views)

@EA_Atic  any suggestions?

Message 5 of 5 (783 Views)