Re: Lag When Fighting, Every Game

by Federal_Seeker

Original Post

Community Manager

@Federal_Seeker 

Do you see the column that says pkts r/s? This needs to get up to 100 before you stop the test. You're stopping it at 42. This is step 7 in the test instructions. That will explain it as well.

Aljo.png
Message 11 of 38 (565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo Ah. Alright I will run it again. Also, does it need to be exactly 100 or can it be over 100 because 1 of them takes awhile before reaching 100.

Message 12 of 38 (548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo I sumbited both tests

Message 13 of 38 (534 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo
I saw somewhere the prediction error was caused by congestion and packet loss. I do get some congestion in game. I also get prediction eroor WITH latency in both battle royale and arenas. The game is currently unplyable for me because the game lags so much and when I am fighting especially.

Message 14 of 38 (510 Views)

Community Manager

@Federal_Seeker 

It's fine if you go over 100. From the tests you've submitted, I can see you have a higher than usual ping for being on a wired connection. Are you using a powerline adaptor by chance? Also, I'm seeing very high worst pings and a slight amount of packet loss before you reach our test server. This looks to be an issue with your ISP. You can try using alternate DNS settings with the instructions here. Also, opening the ports for Apex may help. They are listed here.

Aljo.png
Message 15 of 38 (490 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_AljoI lowered my in game txtures to disables, adaptive resolution fps target to off and TSSA to disables. It seems to help. Also yes I am using a powerline adaptior

\

Edit: I changed my DNS to google. I will test Apex later

Message 16 of 38 (469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_AljoI found that the DNS change really helped I will keep trying and get back to you on how the game runs

I have nailed down my issue to the server and in game settings. The significant difference in game is Texture streaming budget, if i put it on disabled I don't get much lag at the cost of blurred textures, if I put it on very low the game lags an extreme ammount 

Message 17 of 38 (452 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo I am also getting the 100% CPU issue since the start of Season 10. I have a Nvidia GTX 1050 and it can run Very Low Texture Streaming. But when I have it on the game lags. Also putting Adaptive Resolution FPS Target to 0 or 100 does not help with it
Message 18 of 38 (438 Views)

★ Novice

bro I really have that kind of an issue too. there is no problem with my connection when I play arena in the first matchmaking, and then in every 2nd or 3rd or maybe 4th game is always getting high packet loss around 15-40%. it always happens everytime i boot my pc. I don't think that's because of my internet, because every other game I played does not have issues with packet loss or latency. I assume that is because of the server itself, well I am playing in Singapore server, in the main menu, it says 29ms 0% but in the game that issues appear. is it true setting the DNS will fix the issue?

Message 19 of 38 (429 Views)

Community Manager

@Federal_Seeker 

I'm glad to hear the lag issue is resolved. There are a few possible fixes for the 100% CPU problem you're facing. One is to update the Nvidia graphics drivers using the express method and then launching the game through the GeForce Experience. Another possible resolution is to update the CPU drivers with the instructions here. Also, it could be related to Windows Defender. Try the steps here and see if that helps. Lastly, there has been some luck with updating the EasyAntiCheat folder with the instructions here.

Please let me know if any of these possible solutions help. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 20 of 38 (411 Views)