Lag/Stuttering when dropping or in gun fight.

by illhook

Original Post

Lag/Stuttering when dropping or in gun fight.

★ Novice

I just bought a new monitor, Dell s2719dgf. It is 1440p, 144hz, g-sync compatible, and 27inchs. I works great with other games such a Battlefield V, but I am getting crazy stuttering in Apex when in the drop ship, dropping, in a gun fight, or when someone is using an ultimate. My internet connection is great so I am not sure what is causing this problem. I had a 1080p 60hz monitor before this and experienced no problems in Apex.

I have tried:

• Turning off g-sync.
  • Turning off v-sync in-game and v-sync on in my GPU.
  • Turning all settings down to low
  • Turning my resolution to 1080p and 60hz
  • Capping my fps to 138hz in Apex
  • Countless other various settings in Nivida Control Panel/Monitor

Monitor: Dell s2719dgf

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060

CPU: Intel i9600

Mobo: Gigabyte z390

RAM: 2x 8bg 2660

SSD: EVO 860 1TB

Please, if you have any ideas leave a comment. I don't want to have to return this monitor.

Message 1 of 5 (284 Views)

Re: Lag/Stuttering when dropping or in gun fight.

★ Pro
Does the stuttering happen all the time or at certain times?
Gpu: lower texture streaming budget in apex a bit
cpu: disable intel turboboost/speedstep
ram: do not overclock it/ make sure you have configured it as dual channel (right slots/bios settings)
ssd: disable samsung rapid mode/make sure ssd cache is enabled

one more tip make sure virtual memory is available (enough space on hard drives).. try disabling automatic page size and disable any virtual memory assigned to mechanical hard drives (if you have any)

stuttering can be because of low ping latency (not just average ping) there is a way to trace with iotrace.. gaming in the evening and in the weekend can cause a bit more latency
Message 2 of 5 (266 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for your reply. I did try some of your fixes, but ultimately found out it is an issue with the new update an not my monitor. I am having issues with server connection and now troubleshooting for a fix.

Message 3 of 5 (227 Views)

★ Novice

I have now figured out this is an issue with the new update and not my monitor. I just happened to start using the new monitor on the same day (4/3/19) as the new update.

I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue, because I can't figure out how to fix it. I've tried repairing and I am now trying to reinstall the game, but nothing seems to be working.

I have also found that while I am lagging a red connection symbol is appearing in the top right corner of my screen and I believe this indicates an issue with the game servers. My ping is 14, download is 60mb, and upload is 10mb. I have tried switching servers, but it hasn't helped either.

Message 4 of 5 (223 Views)

★ Pro
Some more tips:
-disable any type of overlay (oirigin, xbox etc)
-windows defender (especially real time protection) eats away processor/ram and increases file access time (it takes special procedure to disable it it remains active even if u disable it in windows settings)
-make sure your ram timings are optimal they probably dont run optimal from default but go jedec (i have cl9 so 9/9/9/35 is something i have to set in bios to get optimal)
-dont use afterburner/oc tools and uninstall nvidia gaming experience

I know u said connection but above tips might provide some improvement.. If a game is lagging try leave the match and do a new matchmaking.. A clean reboot ALT+F4 might help too (this just from my experience)
Message 5 of 5 (194 Views)