Lag,Stuttering and Massive FPS Drops After The Defying The Odds Update

by d34th4ng3ltr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lag,Stuttering and Massive FPS Drops After The Defying The Odds Update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

One Day After The Defying The Odds Update I Was Playing Around 30-45 FPS On Ultra Settings. After I Played Few Matches I Entered Another Match But That Match I Was Getting Like 5 FPS On LOW. It Was 100 At Menu Or 200 At Loading Screens But When I Am In The Match, It's Not Possible To Play. Please Help Me I Don't Want My Money To Be Wasted. Frown

GTX 1050 Tİ

VRAM 4GB

8 GB 2666MHz DDR4L RAM

Intel Core I7-8750H

Message 1 of 7 (1,838 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lag,Stuttering and Massive FPS Drops After The Defying The Odds Update

[ Edited ]

@d34th4ng3ltr wrote:
@ragnarok013 Windows 10 DX12

@d34th4ng3ltr  Since you're having issues and you're using DX12, I recommend that you try DX11 and turn Future Frame rendering to on and play again to see if performance improves. I've heard from others that DX11 may get a few less frames but it's more stable for a lot of people than DX12. I'd also turn on GPU memory restriction for good measure.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,737 Views)

All Replies

@d34th4ng3ltr wrote:

One Day After The Defying The Odds Update I Was Playing Around 30-45 FPS On Ultra Settings. After I Played Few Matches I Entered Another Match But That Match I Was Getting Like 5 FPS On LOW. It Was 100 At Menu Or 200 At Loading Screens But When I Am In The Match, It's Not Possible To Play. Please Help Me I Don't Want My Money To Be Wasted. Frown

GTX 1050 Tİ

VRAM 4GB

8 GB 2666MHz DDR4L RAM

Intel Core I7-8750H

@d34th4ng3ltr I'm surprised that you were ever able to play at Ultra with some of those specs; this game really needs 16GB of RAM to function well. I recommend to follow the advice posted by @2042isNotBF here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Set-up-for-the-most-FPS-in-BFV/m-p/7166307#M14907  as a start. Also which OS are you using, Win 7, 8.1, 10? If on 10 are you using DX11 or 12?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 2 of 7 (1,812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@ragnarok013made the resolution scale low or else yeah i can't

Message 3 of 7 (1,807 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 4 of 7 (1,806 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm also having around 40 fps and no lags,stuttering or  fps drops on Battlefield 1 when playing on ultra.

Message 5 of 7 (1,790 Views)

[ Edited ]

@d34th4ng3ltr wrote:

@d34th4ng3ltr  Since you're having issues and you're using DX12, I recommend that you try DX11 and turn Future Frame rendering to on and play again to see if performance improves. I've heard from others that DX11 may get a few less frames but it's more stable for a lot of people than DX12. I'd also turn on GPU memory restriction for good measure.

Message 6 of 7 (1,738 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ragnarok013 Thank you so much I have been playing for a while and there is no lag or fps drops.
Message 7 of 7 (1,716 Views)