Lag/Stutter after 5.10.1

by CasualJan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lag/Stutter after 5.10.1

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi, just piggy-backing on this one as I'm running into something similar.

Ever since patch 5.10.1, the game is pretty much unplayable.

Every 3-5 seconds if I move the character around, there is a stutter as the frame rates drop from ~190-200 to zero for a second or so. Companion is off in the distance as if they had kept running during that stutter, and come running back when the frame rate jumps back up.

I've tried turning nameplace scaling on and off, I've tried turning off V-Sync, I've set the frame refresh to 59 or 60, I run (normally) in Fullscreen Windowed mode. This happens on everywhere on Fleet, and everywhere on Odessen. But not on my personal starship. 

So it seems like something loading, or not loading/caching properly

Prior to the update, everything worked fine. I've tried a Repair (here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/GUIDE-Client-Repair-Scan/m-p/6454174#M39, streaming option) to no avail.

Just checking in here in case anyone has any ideas before I try a delete and re-install.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (769 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Microstuttering Problem

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@CasualJan This may sound strange, but are you using a Sith Warrior and Vette as active Companion? If you might want to use a different Companion since the Vette freezes from 5.10.1 are fixed. 

Since you do not have an active companion on your ship it does not occur there Standard smile 

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (762 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@CasualJan This may sound strange, but are you using a Sith Warrior and Vette as active Companion? If you might want to use a different Companion since the Vette freezes from 5.10.1 are fixed. 

Since you do not have an active companion on your ship it does not occur there Standard smile 

Message 2 of 5 (763 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Wow, yes.

Sith Warrior and Vette.

At work now, but will definitely check with another companion.

Any link to an acknowledgment of this issue? Quick Google (at work) didn't turn anything up.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 5 (749 Views)

[ Edited ]

I can state that bioware are aware of the issue with vette

Edit - also see the post at this link   by EA_Habutai acknowledging the issue

Edit 2 - and a post from eric at this link

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 5 (744 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Tonfu and @proxos666

Thanks both for your posts.

Always knew Vette was trouble.

(Swapped in Pierce, and he says to just say the word, and he'll show me what he can do.)

Message 5 of 5 (732 Views)