Re: Lag/Freezing game NFS payback

by dyboy212

Original Post

★★ Novice

so, the game can only be played using wireless internet?

Message 21 of 34 (4,413 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I tried both wired and wireless, both scenario's ended up in freezing the game.

Love the game, the handling and most of the game really, but this... I can't even open up my shipments, because online is necessary...

Tried to go online for a little bit when I had played for two hours without internet (no issues whatsoever) to open up my 5 shipments. Game froze and crashed to the xbox home screen. 

I can only get my game to start when I'm without internet again, and it seems like the opened shipments didn't register either, so I wasted them as well.

So yeah, the only option for now is to stay offline until they fix this *, so that I can finally at least open my shipments.

Message 22 of 34 (4,384 Views)

★ Apprentice

Despite Origin's policy about returns (which is pretty ridiculous), I managed to get a full refund on the deluxe version two weeks after the release at (approximately). Yes I even launched it on day one so according to that, refund was not supposed to be possible. - BUT I got a refund anyway. 
My problem was on pc - with a pc that is way above the requirements, I was getting these micro (and sometimes major) lags and stuttering. City most of the time. 
Tried everything they suggested, spent quite a while with the tech support and did a lot of tests, and in the end they blamed it on my pc anyway (when it's running every other games perfectly). Typical EA/Origin. I filed a case with all the proofs that test results were absolutely fine and they refunded in a matter of days from the day I filed the case. 

Let's face it - PC is great to play. But the optimisation for the PC version is an absolute joke. And I have no idea when if if they intend to fix it. It can't be that hard now can it?

I am now playing the game on Xbox one X, and I have to say that the game runs 100% perfectly. No crashes, no lags, no stutters. Gets you to think that this might just be a big deal with Origin/EA and Microsoft. Considering they promoted the Xbox one X a lot, Microsoft promoting Payback a lot. Gets people to get the Xbox one X I suppose? 

Anyway. What I recommend is simply get a refund for your PC version if you are getting stuttering and lags. I tried everything and nothing worked. 
If you have a PS4/PS4 pro, get it on there, or if you have an Xbox one X. (not Xbox one/xbox one s) 

Message 23 of 34 (4,240 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game freezes and lags in almost every challenge. Sound is also very strange at times. I think EA is in for a gigantic update or money back :-(

Message 24 of 34 (4,142 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I guess I will request for a refund too if they show no intention on fixing the problem. 

If refund isn't successful, this will be my last EA purchase. 

Message 25 of 34 (4,134 Views)

Community Manager

@KawaiiSumo@ELNAGUAL

Keep checking for game and PC hardware driver updates as both of those thing are updated quite often.

barry.png
Message 26 of 34 (4,082 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Updated to the latest driver. Still, the problem persisted. Try the EA help, however, the support provided isn't working out as well. 

Message 27 of 34 (4,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Hello guys, I just want to share the things that worked for me; basically I had the same issue on PC, total freezes and unplayable game.
I downloaded the DX11 package from Microsoft.com (named DirectX June 2010 or something like that) and ran the .exe in the folder. What this does is completing the files of DirectX that you currently have on your PC. Windows 10 has DX12 preinstalled but NFS is not compatible with it, then you can have this kind of issues.
The second thing I did was underclocking my GPU with AfterBurner: -50Mhz on core and -100Mhz on memory . This brought some stability and I achieved 2 sessions of continuous gameplay 6 hours each, no errors at all.
If even these solutions still bring an error, search for something called TdrLevel in the registry (location can be found via Google), if it doesnt exist create a D_WORD key (32 bits) and set its value to 0 then reboot. Basically What this does is about the interaction between your OS and the GPU, testing if it's responding in 2s by default. Problem is when your card is busy with the game it does not respond To the system and gets reset, causing a crash.
My setup:
i5 3570k @4Ghz
GTX 680 Lightning 2GB
16GB DDR3
1080p Medium preset on NFS, 65FPS average, no drops at all.

Hope this can help you !
Best regards
Message 28 of 34 (18,197 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Oh I forgot to mention @dyboy212 that SLI is not supported by this NFS, so turn it off to enjoy the game ^^
Bye !
Message 29 of 34 (3,994 Views)

★★ Novice
My connection is just fine and nfs payback freezes on me, so please stop responding to everyone with the same line and admit something is wrong with your game. All the other games I play including NBA LIVE 18 doesn't freeze.
Message 30 of 34 (3,813 Views)