Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Kicked out of the Forge on loading in

by xukiza

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Kicked out of the Forge on loading in

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

(repost to correct forum) My character is being ejected from the Forge instance every single time I try to enter. On the screen, it shows the graphic for the [ESC] key being held to exit, but I am not pressing it, and the key on my physical keyboard functions properly. I also noticed that when this started I can no longer press [ESC] to skip cutscenes or dialogue, but I can use it in Tarsis to bring up the menu. My [ESC] key also works as expected outside the game. I have not rebound [ESC] to anything in game.

Please help - I cannot change items, loadout, javelin etc because I am not able to get into a Forge.

Message 1 of 31 (801 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Kicked out of the Forge on loading in

★★★★★ Novice

Solution: Uninstall the game and perform a clean install.

@EA_Cade  FYI on the solution here - thanks all - greatly appreciate the support and willingness to help.

Back to Bastion.

View in thread

Message 13 of 31 (1,053 Views)

All Replies

Hey @xukiza

Sorry to hear about this.

Have you tried turning off the Origin in-game Overlay, and repairing the game files in Origin?

Let us know if this works.

Thanks Standard smile 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Are you looking for a response in your Thread that I responded to? Please tag me @iluminatethesky

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as a solution✔

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I do not work for EA
Message 2 of 31 (794 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for replying. Is there an obvious way to turn off the overlay in-game, please?

I'll try the file repair also.

Message 3 of 31 (791 Views)

@xukiza

To turn off the Origin in-game Overlay, you go to Origin, Application Settings, More, and Origin in-Game.

You can also turn this off in the Game Properties for Anthem by clicking on the Game Cover, and clicking the cogwheel and going to Game Properties.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Are you looking for a response in your Thread that I responded to? Please tag me @iluminatethesky

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as a solution✔

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I do not work for EA
Message 4 of 31 (786 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Again, I appreciate your reply, but unfortunately neither of those worked to fix it. It still shows as if the [ESC] key is being held down on loading into the Forge instance. Again, nothing physical on my keys, nor bindings, and [ESC] works fine in other areas and in Tarsis and in other apps.

Message 5 of 31 (784 Views)

@xukiza 

Try this:

• Make sure Origin is closed.
  • Go to your "Documents\BioWare\Anthem\settings" folder
  • Move the "ProfileOptions_profile" file to your desktop.
  • Start the game and test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 31 (773 Views)

Community Manager

@xukiza Hey there, can you try deleting the files located in Documents\BioWare\Anthem\settings  and let me know if that helps?

Capture.PNG

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 31 (771 Views)

Hero

Can you load other things where "esc" being pressed would prevent you?

Do you have any USB devices connected besides mouse and keyboard? (if so, try disconnecting them and try)

carbonic signature

Message 8 of 31 (760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I appreciate you reaching out to help @EA_Cade - unfortunately, in this instance, the solution did not work. I still get that [ESC] key stuck on effect on zoning into the Forge. Soon as I am back in Tarsis I can press [ESC] and it will open the map/settings etc window without issue. 

This only began happening after the patch yesterday. When playing prior to the big patch, it worked as expected in all cases.

Message 9 of 31 (747 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

[ESC] button works as expected in all other cases, with the exception of skipping dialogue in the game, I have to click on the [ESC]  button with my mouse. Pressing the actual key does nothing. Again, if I log out of the game the [ESC] key works fine. This was also not happening prior to the big patch yesterday.

Message 10 of 31 (745 Views)
Twitter Stream