Kicked from match when friend invites me

by Ad0ptd

Original Post

Getting kick out of current game when friends join my party whilst I'm in game

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm pretty sure this have talked about a couple times, but just posting the steps taken that kicked me out of my current game. (Have not purposely try to reproduce it because ain't nobody got time for that)

1. Leader to be in game.
  2. Friend to join the leader with the public lobby
  3. Friend then quit the leader's party
  4. Notice that leader gets kick out of game, friend still stays in lobby.

Note: I was in game, and 2 friends joined my lobby, 1 tried to leave and kicked me out instead. And we gamed together ;-;

Not sure if this was the cause, but hope this helps clarify the issue to be fixed

Message 31 of 49 (693 Views)

Re: Kicked from match when friend invites me

★★★ Novice

Origin is pretty trashy to not fix this!  Should have been an essential attribute to whoever programmed this junk software.

Message 32 of 49 (830 Views)

Player joins solo in game party, Then merges solo in game party, ends your game

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? craiggles1990
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? bangalore
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Doesn't matter
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Doesn't matter
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 5/28/19 @ 6:55 pm
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Someone joins on my party and it kicks me out of the game completely and sends me to the lobby. This has happened twice this week. SEVERELY FRUSTRATING. Was not sent an invite or anything and it just took me right out of the game. They said no invite was sent, they just joined party and it ripped me out of the game
What should be happening instead? Not taking me out of the game. Allowing two players to be in separate matches but the same party?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. That's the best detail i can give. Try joining someone that is playing solo, and then join another player and bring your party with you to a guy who is in a game. When i was booted from the game into lobby, there was another player in a match. I assume it's when you join a solo player that is in game, and then join another players party that is solo and in a game while bringing your current party with you. It boots the first player you joined out of his game, and brings you back to the lobby.

Don't know what else to put. Friend joined on my game. Plucked me from the game and put me into the lobby with him. Maybe he joined my game and then joined someone else while bringing me with him. 

Message 33 of 49 (838 Views)

Party Invites Ruined My Game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, no matter how much I love this game, I am so mad right now. I was playing a game and my friend sent me an Invite request to their game. It disconnected me from my game and put me in his lobby (I only saw there that he was in game already). But that makes no sense! Shouldn't there be that it would put me in their lobby AFTER I FINISH my game? 

Message 34 of 49 (842 Views)

Re: Party Invites Ruined My Game

★★★ Guide

turn off all origin nortifications helped for me

Message 35 of 49 (788 Views)

Re: Party Invites Ruined My Game

★★★ Newbie

How do you group up with people you want to group up with if notifications are off?

Message 36 of 49 (757 Views)

Why do I get kicked out?

★★ Novice

I’m in the middle of a game or towards the last 6 squads  and if there is someone in my lobby waiting for me the game will kick me out to the lobby. It has done it several times. Why do I get pulled from a match when someone is waiting in my lobby.

Message 37 of 49 (759 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having this issue intermittently since launch.  Just happened to me a few minutes ago.

Message 38 of 49 (696 Views)

Space Bar accepts party invite and removes player from match.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia RTX2080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? N/A
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? N/A
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. N/A
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Jumping near a building
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 4
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.07.2019 14:30
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? tl;dr: Received a team invite while in-match. Just happened to be jumping ('space bar' is my jump key) and it dropped me from the match and added me to the inviting person's lobby. I didn't have the opportunity to finish the match or any way stay in the match. Please make it so 'space bar' does not accept a team invite. I would be fine if only 'Y' accepted the invite like the popup shows.
What should be happening instead? 'space bar' should not accept an invite when in-game. Player should never be removed from a match (or have gameplay interrupted) from one press of a button by another player.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Environment: PC, default keyboard controls 1) Be in a match 2) receive team invite 3) press 'space bar' 1 or more times quickly before the invite timer expires (not sure if the number of times makes a difference, I was pressing the button quickly at the most recent attempt) Existing result: Removed from match and placed in host's lobby/team This has happened to myself and my friends many times since at least season 1, maybe since launch.

Been happening since at least February, please fix!!

Message 39 of 49 (701 Views)

★ Novice

With new season and ranked matches this bug now is more than annoying cuz you can lose ranked points... also invites from strangers can get you kicked as well. How many months and how much attention this bug needs to have until EA reacts to it?

Message 40 of 49 (672 Views)