Keyboard and mouse vehicle control issue

by Termech

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Keyboard and mouse vehicle control issue

★★ Novice

Good day all, I don't normally play with the default controls so I customize them and have been doing this using the same customization for many years with no issues. With Battlefield 5 there is suddenly an issue with my setup. I use the right mouse button for moving forward and two non-default keyboard buttons for turning. When I try to use them together (in a vehicle, the same controls work together properly when on foot) only one function works at a time, in other words, I can only either move forward (mouse) or turn (KB) but not at the same time, something I've always been able to do in the past with many other games including previous versions of BF. Can someone customize their controls to see if they can create the same issue to help determine if it is a program issue in the game or my setup? Thx

Terry C 

Message 1 of 6 (582 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Keyboard and mouse vehicle control issue

★★ Novice

Thanks for response, no overlay is being used, I have assigned the custom controls properly in their respective columns... update, I have finally resolved the issue by assigning both the "turn" and "move" controls to the same keys at the same time, instead of just the "turn" or just the "move".

Thanks all

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (500 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Have you tried enabling "raw mouse input" in advanced controller setting? Also try updating the motherboard chipset software driver and try another port for the mouse and disconnect as many other usb devices as possible

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 6 (566 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your response. I had already tried the "raw mouse input" and removed any other controllers. I tried using other keyboard customized controls such as "moving" instead of "turning". I have the latest drivers as the PC is a new build. I don't suspect the hardware due to the fact the simultaneous input does happen successfully while on foot as a soldier so I know the hardware can function in that regard. Also other games have no issues with vehicle input.  Maybe you could try customizing your setup temporarily to see if the same thing is replicated - (right mouse button - move forward; other KB keys for left/ right movement). Thanks

Message 3 of 6 (534 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Termech do you have any overlay running at the same time?

and you have key-bind in the right place as there are tabs for controller, mouse and keyboard?

/Atic
Message 4 of 6 (513 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for response, no overlay is being used, I have assigned the custom controls properly in their respective columns... update, I have finally resolved the issue by assigning both the "turn" and "move" controls to the same keys at the same time, instead of just the "turn" or just the "move".

Thanks all

Message 5 of 6 (501 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Termech thanks for the update! Standard smile

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (436 Views)