Keyboard and Mouse suddenly not responding

by DatDramaPlant

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Keyboard and Mouse suddenly not responding

★★ Novice

I've been playing GW2 Deluxe on PC for almost six months running on this laptop, and it's been working fine.

That is, until yesterday, where when I booted up the game, no mouse or keyboard input was recognised at all. Does anyone know why this is happening?

I use an i7 7700 @ 2.8 GHz and have 16 GB of RAM, so does anyone know why this happens and how to remedy the problem?

Message 1 of 10 (1,214 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Keyboard and Mouse suddenly not responding

Community Manager

@DatDramaPlant Do you happen of have Discord open at the same time? If so, can you exit out of it and then relaunch the game.

Let me know how you get on. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,381 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@DatDramaPlant Do you happen of have Discord open at the same time? If so, can you exit out of it and then relaunch the game.

Let me know how you get on. 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,382 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried that and the exact same thing happened. Discord doesn't seem to be the problem here. However, something that works for me is switching to another user account on the laptop for some odd reason, so maybe something about that current account causes some functionality problem.

Message 3 of 10 (1,168 Views)

★★ Novice

And now that user account is busted too. I really don't know what's going wrong, but something odd is the first time this "glitch" occurs, the cursor is fully visible in the plain white of the classic cursor. There is no way to select the window at all, so the only thing you can do is manually close the window. After that, the state of the game looks completely normal, but nothing works. No cursor, no nothing.

Message 4 of 10 (1,157 Views)

Community Manager

@DatDramaPlant If exiting Discord does nothing but you had some success by creating a new user account then this could point to a device issue. Have you noticed anything else unusual when playing other games? 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 10 (1,155 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem and dont find anything unusual in other games
Message 6 of 10 (1,144 Views)

★★ Novice

Every other game works perfectly fine. Only GW2 has this problem.

Message 7 of 10 (1,132 Views)

★★ Novice

Somehow, the problem has magically fixed itself. I still can't determine the cause, but at least I can play the game now.

Also, Discord does seem to mess with the game.

Message 8 of 10 (1,125 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Ah nice, but still thanks for the help
Message 9 of 10 (1,119 Views)

★★★ Novice
My keyboard stops working occasionally after I respawn, but only for a few seconds.
Message 10 of 10 (1,066 Views)