Keyboard Mouse not working in-game

by Mechanico88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Keyboard Mouse not working in-game

★★★★★ Newbie

PvZ gwf2 - No keyboard or mouse in game.Help!

msi ge62 6qd

nvidia driver 361.91

intel hd driver 15.4364

I see others have similar issue - any resolution / troubleshooting hints?

Message 1 of 18 (30,914 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Keyboard Mouse not working in-game

★★★★★ Newbie

I got it working - I had to go into nvidia control panel and turn the global setting from "use integrated graphics" to the nvidia card.

I'm a newbie gaming laptop owner - why would I want the default to be intel integrated graphics instead of nvidia 960m? (ok, power efficiency.. but not a concern when plugged in)

Also found out (the slow way) that the nvidia output has to go through the intel integrated to get to the display, so can't just disable intel graphic adapter from the device manager.

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (38,199 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

I got it working - I had to go into nvidia control panel and turn the global setting from "use integrated graphics" to the nvidia card.

I'm a newbie gaming laptop owner - why would I want the default to be intel integrated graphics instead of nvidia 960m? (ok, power efficiency.. but not a concern when plugged in)

Also found out (the slow way) that the nvidia output has to go through the intel integrated to get to the display, so can't just disable intel graphic adapter from the device manager.

Message 2 of 18 (38,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would really appreciate a little more detailed advice on how to actually change the settings? I have AMD driver.

Message 3 of 18 (30,650 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Instead of the "Geforce Control Center", you have to use the "Catalyst Control" equivalent. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+do+I+make+the+dedicated+Radeon+GPU+the+default+%3F

Message 4 of 18 (30,645 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The problem seems to be that I have only a very limited version of Catalyst Control Center... seems funny that a new game has a glitch like this.. or maybe "funny" is not the right word..

Message 5 of 18 (30,630 Views)

Re: Keyboard / Mouse not working in-game

★★★★★ Expert

So if your driver set is incomplete, that's the GAME's fault?  How hard is it to obtain a proper set of updated driver software?  http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/catalyst

Message 6 of 18 (30,616 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Mouse and keyboard not works when this game starts. I have laptop HP with i5, Win10 64 , AMD Radeon R5 M330. When I click (Shift+F1) and after few seconds (Shift+F1) again then -after some troubles sometimes mouse and keyboard starts working.

Message 7 of 18 (30,597 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

None of AMD's "R5" series qualify you and/or your machine for official support.  The R5s are well below the game's official minimum HD 5750 video graphics circuit board's performance.  You should EXPECT more graphical difficulties of various kinds, and you cannot complain, since you are ignoring the game's requirements. 

Message 8 of 18 (30,589 Views)

Re: Keyboard & Mouse not working in-game: low end video

★★★★★ Expert

@jKanzen 

Your problem was solved. 

Message 9 of 18 (30,507 Views)

★★★ Novice
I got this game working after pressing something like. Ctrl + f1 or fn.
alt + f1 or fn
shift + f1or fn. I tryed again after i restart to see what i pressd correctly to make it work and nothing. I tryed and tryed but i cant get it started the mouse and keyboard. But i got same spec on my workstasion as my laptop. And it always work on workstation not laptop. Can the developers try laptop and get this working?? Patch it please!!!
Message 10 of 18 (30,361 Views)