Original Post

Accepted Solution

Kett's Bane on Eos bugged

★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug I conquered the Kett main base in Eos and after that I went to the NPC who gives quest Ketts Bane and now I can't finish that quest because it points to the place I already did
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? I don't know
Please select your region Asia
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do what I did
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? 1070
Please enter memory size in GB. 8

Message 1 of 13 (17,962 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Kett's Bane on Eos bugged

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm also having problems with this quest. I've completed all steps up to speaking to Bane the second time, which I can't do. Even though there's a quest star on him, when I approach, there's no option to speak to him.

Edit: I figured it out. There were a couple kett still alive in the walls of the base (???). I used my biotic damage aura to kill them.

View in thread

Message 6 of 13 (14,836 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Did you use automatic checkpoint to restore after you were killed?(click "space" to continue) I suppose the problem is in it.

Message 2 of 13 (17,525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

As I recall this task was for taking down a smaller Kett base near to the main Kett base, i.e. it isn't the main base. Are you saying you also cleared out this smaller base as part of doing the main base mission?

I should add this task was a little odd for me because I met the character first before receiving his transmission, so the events were out of order but I was able to complete it by taking out the smaller base first.

Message 3 of 13 (17,477 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm in the same boat. I had already completed the big facility before getting the Kett's Bane quest. After getting the quest I cleared the small barracks, and now have a quest marker back on the bigger facility. When I enter the big facility it no longer shows a quest marker, but I'm going to go ahead and run through it again to see if something triggers.

Message 4 of 13 (17,460 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Found it, it's just very poor placement for the objective. The barracks is directly below the main facility on the floor of the valley.

Message 5 of 13 (17,445 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm also having problems with this quest. I've completed all steps up to speaking to Bane the second time, which I can't do. Even though there's a quest star on him, when I approach, there's no option to speak to him.

Edit: I figured it out. There were a couple kett still alive in the walls of the base (???). I used my biotic damage aura to kill them.

Message 6 of 13 (14,837 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same as jackrusselltime, but I couldn't kill them with Shockwave. I've travelled per outpost away and back and drove directly to him, trying to avoid the Kett. Even as I saw an enemy in the radar, the "Speak"-option appeared and I quickly entered the dialogue.

Message 7 of 13 (12,585 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This was the fix for me! Thanks!

Message 8 of 13 (9,517 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 9 of 13 (6,828 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Eerppi I am having the same problem on Xbox. I clear out the plant beside where you meet the guy. But it shows there is one enemy left stuck behind a wall with no doors.

So I went back to bane but there is no option to talk to him.
Message 10 of 13 (5,044 Views)