Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Keep getting disconnected from ea servers fifa 20

by ZzSam98zZ

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Hi I'm having exact same problem on my xbox done everything that was asked then could be on squad battles or rivals or even in the main screen and bang lost connection to ea servers, it's not my internet as my son has fifa 20 on his ps4 connected to the same internet and his is fine, all started on friday like 1 in 3 matches would lose connection then same Saturday but today I cant do anything.

Message 41 of 181 (922 Views)

Community Manager

@friendlyman33 

Just to be sure, did you run that test on the same connection you play on? Meaning, did you take the cord from your console and plug it into your PC to run the test?

Aljo.png
Message 42 of 181 (890 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @dunna888 

Are you playing on a wired or wireless connection?

Aljo.png
Message 43 of 181 (888 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, I'm playing on PC.

Message 44 of 181 (880 Views)

★★★★ Novice
  1. I did the dns test and all the other tests the advisor told me to do on my xbox and also did all my router tests, it has to be ea servers as my friend has now been kicked out.
Message 45 of 181 (876 Views)

Community Manager

@friendlyman33 

Ok. Then I assume you ran it on the PC you play on. Are you disconnected from every match you play? You should try alternate DNS servers with these instructions. Also, it would be good to open the ports for FIFA. They are listed here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/. You can get some help with this at www.portforward.com.

Aljo.png
Message 46 of 181 (867 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll give it a try, thanks.

Message 47 of 181 (865 Views)

Community Manager

@dunna888 

Are you on a wired or wireless connection?

Aljo.png
Message 48 of 181 (861 Views)

Community Manager

@friendlyman33 

You're welcome. Let me know what happens.

Aljo.png
Message 49 of 181 (860 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Ive also completed all instructions as advised by you. Port forward FIFA 20 and PS4, changed DNS from basic (sky broadband) to open DNS, Google DNS either don't make a difference. Tried power cycling, uninstalling the game then reinstalling. Uninstalling patch files then re-downloading, removed gamertag off PS4 them reinstalling that aswell. Tried different accounts on PS4 to see if my account was bugged and no difference.

Current statistics are as follows
Download 11.6mbps
Upload 1.1mbps
Latency to PS4 servers 12-18ms
Latency to ea servers anything from 150-700ms
Sky broadband ADSL package

There's obviously something very wrong with the way my latency spikes up when connecting to German servers. I'm living in UK and I should be connecting to Irish servers shouldn't I? How do I force my PS4 onto the nearest server?

There's just way too much messing about to have a "playable" game of fifa. I state playable because it's the very opposite.
Message 50 of 181 (820 Views)
Twitter Stream