Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Keep getting disconnected from ea servers fifa 20

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo it's wired connection. but is it possible that all of these people start to have a problem with their routers at the same time? is it coincidence?
Message 31 of 181 (1,459 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo and also i was playing without any problem a month ago and nothing changed with my router or isp. only thing that changed is because of quarantine lots of people start to play the game at the same time and i believe your servers are not enough.
Message 32 of 181 (1,457 Views)

Community Manager

@SeaRs_GS 

The quarantine is affecting the internet all over the world. Our servers are only part of that. What is also happening is everyone is using the same network you are. From your neighborhood to our servers, usage is up everywhere. The majority of people are still playing without lag though. 

Do you have a PC by chance? If so let’s find out how your connection is reaching our servers. Can you run a UO Trace and screenshot me the results? Instructions here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/.

Aljo.png
Message 33 of 181 (1,450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

yeap i use pc. and here is my uotrace result.

Message 34 of 181 (1,417 Views)

Community Manager

@SeaRs_GS 

You have some very high ping times that will cause you to disconnect. Did you run this test on a wireless connection? Since you play wired, you should run it on a wired connection. Otherwise, we'll get much worse results due to it being wireless and those won't be accurate to the wired connection you play on.

I'm leaving for the weekend in a few minutes. I'm very sorry for the delayed response, but I'll pick this up with you again on Monday.

If you continue to have trouble, try the steps I've mentioned throughout this thread. Alternate DNS servers and opening the ports for FIFA can help. Check your router for QoS (Quality of Service). That should be enabled if your router supports it. UPnP should also be enabled on your router.

Aljo.png
Message 35 of 181 (1,406 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

and this is the wired connection result. 

Message 36 of 181 (1,380 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@SeaRs_GS 

The connection to your router is pretty rough. It shouldn't have a worst ping higher than several ms. Yours is at 69ms. You also are getting some other very high worst pings and ping averages. This indicates an issue with either your equipment, your ISP or the servers you're passing through. It's quite possible this is due to the strain the internet is experiencing right now due to everyone staying home. I recommend contacting your ISP to see if they are noticing any issues.

Aljo.png
Message 37 of 181 (1,285 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi there, this is the result of my UO Trace, I've been disconnecting pretty much about 40-50% of my games in stints, it's really frustrating and before you ask yes I've followed your steps on the connection faq and common fixes, I'm on wired connection and for the most part I think my internet's good, tests are stable but obviously with the virus going on it might be more congested so please tell me what's going on, thanks. 

https://gyazo.com/2e08b739957d615c9759352a84ac4961

Message 38 of 181 (1,270 Views)

Community Manager

@friendlyman33 

Your test looks ok. Can you get me some video of the lag you're experiencing?

Aljo.png
Message 39 of 181 (1,254 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There is no lag, the game disconnects me as I said. I can rarely play out a game of ultimate team, clubs, or seasons. I've had my friends experience this also, I've tried so many different things but it just doesn't seem to do anything, it just randomly has periods that I cannot play the game without it disconnecting and then it not having an effect on my win/loss record it just takes me to the FUT menu and I'm stuck 

Message 40 of 181 (1,251 Views)
Twitter Stream