Kaspersky Antivirus blocking connection to game

by Hostility3D

Original Post

Kaspersky Antivirus blocking connection to game

★★★ Novice

Just wanted to give a little help on a connectivity issue for PvZ GW2 that I fixed. Hope it might solve someones headache. I have had no issues with any games I have played for 15 years so this was driving me nuts

Anyways, I was trying to play GW2 and got stuck on the connection screen getting the error "Unable to connect to EA servers at this time. Please check your internet connection and try later". Well I tried everything I could  find on connectivity issues on EA's site and internet searches with no luck. Spent a whole day screwing around with opening ports on my router to antivirus firewall. Turns out that it was a setting in my  Kaspersky antivrus encryption connections settings. Specifically  Settings> Additional>Network>Encrypted Connections Scanning and setting it to either Do Not Scan or Scan upon request.

Message 1 of 3 (2,228 Views)

Re: Kaspersky Antivirus blocking connection to game

Hero

Thanks for telling us @Hostility3D Standard smile Bizarre software issues like these are the reason we often suggest people do a clean boot:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

to see if issues like these is causing their problems - so if anyone have this symptom but don't have Kaspersky I would recommend doing the clean boot to see if your might have another piece of third party software causing issues.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 3 (2,216 Views)

Re: Kaspersky Antivirus blocking connection to game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

You saved me SO much time.

THANK YOU. Thumbs up

Message 3 of 3 (1,652 Views)