June Update disaster

by g0merpile

Original Post

Accepted Solution

June Update disaster

★ Guide

I was having no issues with fps and stuttering with battlefield 5. June 25th update changed that. I am unable to play because fps has changed to 0-80. Unable to play.

Message 1 of 7 (721 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: June Update disaster

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry I enabled dx12 the problems I had ended. I just updated my OS to the June Build. Prior that update there was a update date that addressed a .net and some other important hardware issues. Tried bf5 with dx12 disabled all is working good. Still installing build (KB45013750

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (612 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@g0merpile 

Can you upload a DxDiag for us and let me know what steps you've already taken to try and fix this?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 7 (657 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry I enabled dx12 the problems I had ended. I just updated my OS to the June Build. Prior that update there was a update date that addressed a .net and some other important hardware issues. Tried bf5 with dx12 disabled all is working good. Still installing build (KB45013750
Message 3 of 7 (613 Views)

Community Manager

@g0merpile 

Glad to hear it's improving for you. Keep us updated so we can mark this as solved so it helps others that stumble across  it. Thumbs up

If we don't hear back from you we'll assume you're out there on the battlefield this weekend. Standard smile

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 7 (596 Views)

★ Guide

Yep the problem is solved

Message 5 of 7 (570 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I play via console (xbox1). Just updated and now the game freezes and crashes constantly.  What's up with that? 

Message 6 of 7 (552 Views)

Community Manager

@SpoonieSpoonicus 

Do you have the game installed on an external hard drive? If you have the game installed on an external hard drive, make sure there aren't files on both the internal and external drive. That can cause some weird performance issues.

I've seen that happen before where an update is on the internal while the game is on the external (or vise-versa), so the console is pulling data from two different sources.

Have you tried these steps below yet or reinstalled since the update?

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Saved Data

1. Go to My Games & Apps>Highlight BFV>Press Start>Manage Game>Clear Saved Data & choose online & local. (This will delete local settings for BFV and campaign progress)
Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 7 (502 Views)