Re: Joystick support in Need for Speed

by ivrognard

Original Post

Joystick support in Need for Speed

★★★★ Novice

I'm still incensed that I purchased NFS 2015 only to find out that in 2015 I can't use a HoTaS or even just Microsoft3D Joystick with throttle without basically breaking every single other game that uses a joystick properly, because of needing to load a third party driver bodge. So basically, I can't play a DRIVING GAME with a joystick in 2017. Will EA commit to making joysticks AGAIN work natively in NFS. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (3,012 Views)

@HeavyHemi1  Sorry, but NFS 2015 doesn't support joysticks.

The list of supported peripherals available here

You can probably apply that list to Payback, as it seems that things did not change. You can always use an XBox One gamepad, as that should be cheap in our days.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 6 (2,995 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Of course I am aware you can't use (natively) a joystick. It is the subject of my post. Of course from my post I am aware there is a list of what currently works. Did you even read my post? I would like to see JOYSTICK SUPPORT returned.
Message 3 of 6 (2,989 Views)

@HeavyHemi1 I did read your post. I am also aware that last time when we had official joystick support was in 2004 (Most Wanted). After that, it was all wheels and gamepads. And i seriously doubt that it will be back any time soon, if ever.  People playing with a joystick in our days are a very small minority. Meanwhile gamepad and wheel owners are making the vast majority.

Last time when i used one was when i've played Il2 Sturmovik. After that, the lack of space sims and fighter plane sims send it to a box to be quickly forgotten. Very few people are using a joystick as you do. Which means that there wouldn't be any real motivation to spend more money supporting a control scheme used by maybe a 100 potential customers. I used a joystick from time to time for fun, but i always preferred a gamepad or the keyboard/mouse combo. The joystick was always reserved for flight and space sims. But stranger things happened...

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 6 (2,983 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What? Several far more recent racing titles have full support. I'm sorry but you're useless, stick to your consoling of the PC.

Message 5 of 6 (2,708 Views)

[ Edited ]

@HeavyHemi1 Let me check: Project Cars 1 and 2 do not support natively a joystick, Asseto Corsa and Asseto Corsa Competizione - nope. Forza Horizon 3/4 - no, Forza Motorsport 7 - no. So i would love to know which recent major titles have the option of a joystick controller. 

And mind you, stay civil. I did not insult you anywhere in my previous post. 

P.S.: i personally play my PC racing games with my keyboard, just fine. But that is how i've played my first racing game a long time ago. So your final affirmation is basically there to insult, as you knew nothing about myself and my gaming habits. 

Message 6 of 6 (2,694 Views)