Joining empty Star Wars battlefront 2(II) servers South Africa

by iwanovic777

Original Post

Re: Joining empty Star Wars battlefront 2(II) servers South Africa

★★★ Novice
I am not online on my console at the moment as soon as i can ill go up and let you know ill also post a pic
Message 41 of 52 (682 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Good luck. Been trying to get an answer for 4 months with no luck. Sometimes I get a suggestion but it never works. 

Message 42 of 52 (638 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Things are looking a bit better after the update - still very few players in the lobbies BUT AT LEAST NOT PERPETUALLY EMPTY. This is vindicating, as it supports the theory that it most certainly was a bug and EA just sat back for months and did nothing. Still tough getting enough players for galactic assault

Message 43 of 52 (599 Views)

★★★ Novice
I wasnt on since we last spoke keep us updated hope ea read our cry for help we should tag more ea people here like you said i am just not shure how?
Message 44 of 52 (596 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Dude, at least it is possible to now get a multiplayer game!
Message 45 of 52 (588 Views)

★★★ Novice
How is your ping in game ? Since the update its less laggy and atleast i like only lag few times beter than the whole time
Message 46 of 52 (584 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So the Ping is pretty damn terrible. 142ms is the new 'Default' ping site. They've removed the SA servers which I could get a ping of ~14ms on.

So at first being excited at now being able to get at leadt some multiplayer action going, I am actually pretty disappointed at this 'workaround' they've found.

One really can't play FPS games properly on Pings >100ms.

So we haven't really made any improvement. Still paid a small fortune for what is pretty much a pretty screensaver on your  console.

To top it off, the only game modes you'll really find enough players on is Galactic Assault and Heroes Vs Villains, which are both fun (yet laggy due to ping), and is very limiting considering all the game modes available.

So once again: Attention EA - BUMP!!

@Sledge217@iwanovic777@manear26@naxxor83

@T0TALfps

Message 47 of 52 (532 Views)

★★ Novice

So I bought this game during its black Friday sale. I am playing on PC. It seems that there are no SA servers, although I am unsure if there has ever been SA servers for this game on PC. I thought I would report the problem in case anyone in SA is thinking of getting this game. 

Oddly enough, the 2015 rendition of Battlefront works just fine. Yet, in Battlefront 2, my character often stops moving for a few seconds. It is due to the lowest server setting being in Germany, at 220 ms. This is on the PC. The game is frustrating to play because of this problem. To any buyers in SA, I would say rather buy the 2015 rendition of Battlefront since it is playable. (And I think the laser look nicer!)

Message 48 of 52 (447 Views)

★ Novice

What!!!! I was just browsing the regions and the SA server is gone!!! I thought there would be peeps grinding for credits because Geonosis is launching Wednesday. Nada the SA server is gone.

The default seems to have been set to Germany wich is the nearest. 

We need some answers folks. Demand them.

Message 49 of 52 (435 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Bump, please tag EA mods here too (if you can find them)
Message 50 of 52 (424 Views)