Jedi Fallen Order won't launch from Origin

by shirokuro73

Original Post

Re: Jedi Fallen Order won't launch from Origin

Community Manager
Hi @luzaik,

Gotcha, have you tried repairing the game by right clicking it in the Origin library and selecting the Repair option?
EACade
Message 11 of 38 (5,253 Views)

★★★★ Novice

so many times Standard smile

Message 12 of 38 (5,249 Views)

Community Manager
@luzaik OK, have you tried a http://bit.ly/Clean_Boot to see if the game launches?
EACade
Message 13 of 38 (23,199 Views)

★★★★ Novice

this is it: D now works thank you for your help, only now how do you find a program that will block the game?

Message 14 of 38 (5,209 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @luzaik,

That's the hard part unfortunately, you'll need to turn them back on one by one Frown
EACade
Message 15 of 38 (5,202 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Many thanks @EA_Cade
I am looking for a guilty program Standard smile
Message 16 of 38 (5,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Having the same issue here.  The game plays perfectly on my main system but when I try to launch on my notebook it goes through the sync, origin minimizes, then pops up again without the game starting.  According to Task Manager, the Fallen Order process doesn't even start.

I've tried: 

- Reinstalling the game

- Repairing the game

- Installing it through Steam

- Deleting the Origin Cache

- Clean Boot

- Updating drivers & Windows (this never works BTW)

- Playing in Offline Mode

I have a feeling there's something about installing it in a second PC that's preventing it from starting.

Message 17 of 38 (5,160 Views)

★★ Novice

Looking more and more like a lock on installing it on more than one system.  Did a complete reinstall on my notebook at the issue is the same.  I think we need a clear answer on this.  

Message 18 of 38 (5,152 Views)

@SKYMTL 

How about posting a DxDiag file so we can see what is going on in your Laptop.  Most times it is either program interfering, or the game not seeing proper hardware to run the game...either due to a glitch/setting or lack of the hardware.  Something as simple as the system having integrated Intel graphics being the "base" system and only switching to a different chip as needed can cause a game to not see the alternate high end graphics card and thus not run.  Also stupid things such as Anti-virus, chat programs, Origin in game, AMD/Geforce recording/streaming programs, discord, teamviewer and a whole host of other  things can cause issues, some even when clean booted as components never really turn off. 

Doubt it is as simple as a block on more than one install, since that is what Origin is for, both to prevent too many installs at once and to allow multiple installs and continued playing between them with cloud saves(when it works and doesn't delete your saves.....yeah, I have had bad experiences with it.....).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 19 of 38 (5,126 Views)

★★ Novice
@mcsupersport I've since tried it on two other systems with the same effect and both have very different configs from the original desktop or notebook. I'm wondering if it's an issue with the account syncing.
Message 20 of 38 (5,107 Views)