Jedi Fallen Order won't launch from Origin

by shirokuro73

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Jedi Fallen Order won't launch from Origin

★★ Novice

Hi, I purchased Fallen Order a couple of weeks ago and have been playing it on and off across several different PCs from Origin clients. On my main desktop PC, as of this evening, the game will not launch. Tonight, I booted this PC for the first time in a few days and installed the latest NVidia drivers when prompted by GeForce experience. Then I launched Origin and it immediately downloaded an update for Fallen Order.  Since then, I am completely unable to launch the game. When I click Play from Origin, i get the cloud sync progress, then the origin client minimizes as if the game is about to launch, then the Origin client maximizes and the Play button becomes available again. The game has completely failed to launch.

I have tried rebooting the PC and Verifying the game files "repair" in Origin.

I was looking forward to an evening of playing the game and am currently unable to play this game for which I paid $60.

When I purchased the game originally, I played on this same PC for several hours with no issues.

Please help.

Thank you

Message 1 of 38 (18,312 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Jedi Fallen Order won't launch from Origin

Community Manager
@luzaik OK, have you tried a http://bit.ly/Clean_Boot to see if the game launches?
EACade

View in thread

Message 13 of 38 (23,228 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @shirokuro73,

Sorry to hear it, can you try these steps please and let me know if they help? http://bit.ly/Origin_Cache_Clear
EACade
Message 2 of 38 (18,244 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Cade,

Thank you so much for your reply. I tried those steps in full and unfortunately it made no difference. The game still will not launch.

In addition, today I purchased a new laptop in preparation for a 3 week trip I'm taking next weekend. Unfortunately, with a completely clean Origin installation, the new laptop is doing exactly the same thing. I'm very disappointed as I was looking forward to playing the game while on vacation and right now that's looking to be not possible :-(

Are there any logs or further troubleshooting that I can perform?  I looked in the Windows Event logs and didn't see anything, but I may not know exactly where to look.

Also, I've seen at least one other post on this forum where another user is having exactly the same problem.

Please help me to get this issue fixed.

Thank you again,

Craig

Message 3 of 38 (18,197 Views)

Community Manager
Hi again @shirokuro73,

Sorry for the delay, was out of office. Are you still seeing this activity?
EACade
Message 4 of 38 (18,148 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Cade i have the same problem and now I am down 60$ and if this is a problem for too much longer then I am going to give it a 1 star rating because i am down 60% and I spent three months saving up for the game
Message 5 of 38 (18,112 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Cade I did everything that it said, but nothing happpened
Message 6 of 38 (18,102 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @XxBCallahan21xX,

Are you seeing the exactly the same problem described above?
EACade
Message 7 of 38 (18,071 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I have the same problem. I did all the described steps and nothing. I'm sending a DxDiag file, will anyone help?

Message 8 of 38 (18,040 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @luzaik,

How are you launching the game? Can you check that you've installed all available updates for your copy of Windows?
EACade
Message 9 of 38 (18,025 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yes, I have updated Windows, I start the game through a shortcut on the desktop, through Origin applications, also as an administrator

Message 10 of 38 (18,017 Views)