Re: Jedi Fallen Order Won't Launch From Steam

by SpiderGuyShane

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Jedi Fallen Order Won't Launch From Steam

★★ Novice

The game won't launch from Steam, where I got it from, and keeps giving me an error "Relaunch your game to continue linking accounts"

So I've relaunched my game SEVERAL times and still get the same damn error.

Message 1 of 13 (25,662 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I actually had someone else help me figure it out! Steam's family share was blocking the linking to Origin for some reason and I had to turn it off to get it to work.

The solution you suggested I had tried multiple times beforehand but still, thank you for trying to help

View in thread

Message 3 of 13 (25,519 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @RickHunter33  Do you have Origin installed if yes, try uninstalling Origin and then start JFO from Steam and see what happens. 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 13 (25,540 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I actually had someone else help me figure it out! Steam's family share was blocking the linking to Origin for some reason and I had to turn it off to get it to work.

The solution you suggested I had tried multiple times beforehand but still, thank you for trying to help
Message 3 of 13 (25,520 Views)

EA DICE Team
@RickHunter33 Thanks for the update! Standard smile

/Atic
Message 4 of 13 (25,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i have this same issue and tried this same thing, the game said "download origin"

Nice job ea

EDIT: tried the family share thing and it didnt work. when launching the game, origin seems to reload, and then it says im in game, but steam says the game needs to be launched and nothing loads

Message 5 of 13 (25,330 Views)

★★ Novice

So this might not be the same issue, but after i bought the game through steam and installed it... it would start but an Origin screen would quickly pop up and then minimize. This would have a process running that would say it had an error connecting my accounts and to relaunch the game.  My problem was fixed by going in the display settings on my computer, and turning down the magnification to 150% or below. I use it on my livingroom tv and when in 4k it tries to magnify the screen for easier reading.  When i lowered this down, the origin page came up and allowed me to log into my account and connect the game. After, i was able change the settings back to normal, and play.

Message 6 of 13 (24,675 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have been trying to get this game to work for over an hour, and I am so happy I stumbled onto this thread. Your solution of changing the display size worked. Thank you!!

Message 7 of 13 (24,653 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me thx

Message 8 of 13 (24,577 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@funkprod Thank you! I looked everywhere for a solution to this problem. Neither EA nor Steam support were any help and the forum fixes weren't working either. I had to turn mine down all the way to 100% but it works now.
Message 9 of 13 (24,400 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes! This did it for me. Thank you!

Message 10 of 13 (24,058 Views)